Southern girl names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarletwaggy

Boxer Buddy
Hello,
my new baby girl is coming home October 11th. We are all in love with the Southern girl names, but are kinda limited on names to use seeings how everyone one around us has a dixie or an annabell, etc. The baby is a fawn docked tail and is going to keep her floppy ears. she has a little white spot on her nose.(will try to remember to post pictures of her) the only name we could come up with was Idgie Mae. Although we LOVE the name we feel she needs a third name (someone told me in order to register them in the akc or ckc they must have a third name) our last boxer passed away recently and her name was Miss Scarlet.
Any ideas for that third name??

Hillntx

Boxer Pal
I'm not sure three names are required, but it's less likely to be a duplicate of another dog. Mine came from a show kennel so we were required to use the kennel name in the AKC name. You could call her Scarlet's Idgie Mae to give a nod to your previous dog or Idgie Mae (your last name). I don't think anyone uses the full AKC name outside of shows and documentation.

TysonCheeto

Completely Boxer Crazy
I always think of Sadie as a strong southern girl name although it would probably fit better in the middle vs the end of the name!! Either way i always think that is a cute southern name no matter where in the name it is :) congrats on the baby!!!

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
How about Idgie Mae Bellflower, or just put the proper southern Miss in front of Idgie Mae--Miss Idgie Mae.

fredrjohns

Boxer Pal
southern bell

Sorry to hear about Miss Scarlet .. i know that is tough

i like miss idgie mae ... or I use something from the parents

Enjoy the new puppy ... my male Boxer Titus is 11 weeks

Oanhis

Boxer Buddy
Puppy

What do you think about Idgie Mae Belle? :) Oh I bet ya'll are so excited! I'm mom to a silly 12 week old.

Oanhis

Boxer Buddy
:) did y'all every decided on a name?

Oh we definitely have had our hands full. I'm a first time Boxer parent and I personally didn't know how "different(in a good way)" they are. hahah I've never had boxers myself so this is definitely a roller coaster. My partner has had them growing up so he was used to seeing their quirks.

Good luck to you guys as well :) It's almost time to bring your little girl home correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.