1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show puppy

Discussion in 'Showing - questions and answers' started by jksjkc, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyandlexi

ladyandlexi Boxer Pal

2. Alisha Mobley

Alisha Mobley Boxer Insane

I'll contact you in private. :)

3. jksjkc

jksjkc Super Boxer

Hi Alisha,

Were you talking to me in this message? I wasn't quite sure.
    I know you are familiar with Butch's breeder because I saw your results together on infodog. His sister is being shown in the puppy class as well as your little one. Her name is Taffy Kisses, I don't think I can mention the breeder though.
    I've been trying to email her but haven't gotten a response.

4. Alisha Mobley

Alisha Mobley Boxer Insane

No, sorry for the confusion. I was talking to ladyandlexi. :)

I've heard of the kennel but don't know anything about the breeder or her dogs.

This might just be a busy time for her right now...if so, I'm sure you'll get a response as soon as she can get one out. :)

5. Dutchess1104

Dutchess1104 Boxer Booster

I have no experience with showing I am in New Jersey also, and am considering perhaps the same for Dutchess and have to do some asking around. I did look at your gallery and Butch is a really beautiful boxer so why not give it a try, What does your dog not have that other dogs have, visually I see nothing as a matter of fact Butch looks better than some I have seen in competitions on TV, Give it a shot. Good Luck.

6. jksjkc

jksjkc Super Boxer

Thank you for the wonderful compliments. I feel the same way, but also have no experince therefore I could be bias.
    If I find someone I'll let you know for Duchess. She's a beauty!

7. Dutchess1104

Dutchess1104 Boxer Booster

Thank you so much keep me posted how you are doing with your research on this.

8. DixiesMomma

DixiesMomma Boxer Buddy

So, if there is no "Ch" in the pedigree, there is really no point in wasting the time and money on trying to show your dog? I'm really new at this too, so pardon the silly question :P

Do judges look at the pedigree and make certain judgements based on it?

9. gmacleod

gmacleod Elusive Moderator Staff Member

No, not necessarily. Having champion parents (further back is far less relevant) is neither a guarantee that a dog is of show quality - closely bred to the standard - nor does it preclude it. But it is an indicator that the person breeding the dog knew what they were doing and were breeding from animals fit to be bred. You don't usually get correct boxers from incorrect ones, and the show ring is all about judging a dog's conformance to the breed standard and hence fitness to produce the next generation. It isn't actually a beauty pagent - conformation showing exists to assess fitness to be bred (which is why you can't show a spayed/neutered animal - it is pointless). Sooo - the chances of a dog bred from dogs who were never shown or who were unsuccessfully shown being a good example of the breed are low - not impossible, but low.

Certainly not in theory. Possibly in practice. Judges are human too, you know ;) But again, the point of showing is assessment of which dogs best meet the blueprint for the breed (the standard). If a dog is a stunning representative of what a boxer is supposed to look like, then it can be expected to do well in the show ring regardless of whether or not it's ancestors did.

10. ukboxers

ukboxers Boxer Pal

10 Month old bitch

Hi all, I am quite new here and have never posted before but am in a simillar position, we have 3 boxers our 4 year old Ebony is a really dark brindle she is from Bucksteps Charlie Brown and a bitch from Keibro Kennels, she was one of the choices the Keibro owners were going to keep but we were lucky to get her, she developed a hormone problem so we were unable to show her but our first priority was a pet, we also have Ghost who is our 2 year old white boy, he is from the Glenauld and Walkon dynastys and is the perfect boxer in every way apart from the obvious, his colour.

Our newest addition is Nala or to give her her full title Toberangus Blackrussian, she is 10 months old and we are starting to show her, she again is from the Glenauld line and is red with a black mask. We had her at her first show a couple of weeks ago and she took a second place, which we thought was great, she is starting her ringcraft classes next week and we have her entered in a couple of minor shows over the next couple of months and then the Scottish Kennel Club show in August (big nerves for that one).

We have had various coments about her from a well known kennel, coments which werent very nice, after all we were just looking for advice from "Professionals" with regards to showing her etc.

Anyway I am getting long winded, I think if you have a KC reg dog and you want to show them then why not after all when you are in that ring the best dog there is always going to be your own regardless of what anybody else says....and after all the judges opinion is only the opinion of one person.
    [​IMG]
    Nala
    our 10 month old rescue.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.