Seizure?

reina

Boxer Buddy
our 12 year old boxer has been healthy until today. This morning he started licking and then foaming at the mouth, he also started tremors in his body? We took him to emergency and they are keeping him over night. He has had several more episodes, they gave him penobaritol, subsided some but not totally, they said he could have a brain issue?? Anyone have or had this with their boxer?

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I am sorry that your boxer is having seizures. I hope the meds help and it’s not a brain tumour. I am sending lots of healing vibes your way
———>>

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I am so sorry! It's not much consolation, but 12 years is a pretty good age for a boxer. Godspeed! Run free at the Rainbow Bridge.
angeliconangeliconangelicon

Cami

Boxer Insane
So very sorry for your loss. From one broken heart to another I wish you peace. I lost my girl Raine in Feb of a heart issue, she was 8. No matter how long they are in our lives it is never enough. I am thankful you had 12 healthy years with your boy.

gulfcoastguy

Super Boxer
This happened to my Trudy at 10 years old. The phenobarbital didn't help, it just made her miserable. At ten and a half I had to have her put down as all her joy in life had left. The vet said that it was probably a brain tumor.

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost Arabella nearly two months ago. She had been dealing with heart issues for the last few years, but developed a brain tumor and started having seizures in July. It is heartbreaking to watch them go through that.