1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seizure?

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by reina, Dec 5, 2019.

1. reina

reina Boxer Buddy

our 12 year old boxer has been healthy until today. This morning he started licking and then foaming at the mouth, he also started tremors in his body? We took him to emergency and they are keeping him over night. He has had several more episodes, they gave him penobaritol, subsided some but not totally, they said he could have a brain issue?? Anyone have or had this with their boxer?

2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I am sorry that your boxer is having seizures. I hope the meds help and it’s not a brain tumour. I am sending lots of healing vibes your way
    β€”β€”β€”>>

3. reina

reina Boxer Buddy

With a heavy heart , he passed away of cardiac arrest today.

4. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I am so sorry! It's not much consolation, but 12 years is a pretty good age for a boxer. Godspeed! Run free at the Rainbow Bridge.
    angeliconangeliconangelicon

5. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

So very sorry for your loss. From one broken heart to another I wish you peace. I lost my girl Raine in Feb of a heart issue, she was 8. No matter how long they are in our lives it is never enough. I am thankful you had 12 healthy years with your boy.

6. gulfcoastguy

gulfcoastguy Super Boxer

This happened to my Trudy at 10 years old. The phenobarbital didn't help, it just made her miserable. At ten and a half I had to have her put down as all her joy in life had left. The vet said that it was probably a brain tumor.

7. joeys mom

joeys mom Boxer Insane

I am so sorry!!! I know the heartache and am keeping you in my prayers <3

8. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost Arabella nearly two months ago. She had been dealing with heart issues for the last few years, but developed a brain tumor and started having seizures in July. It is heartbreaking to watch them go through that.

9. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

I am so sorry for your loss.