Sarcoma

RockyCody

Completely Boxer Crazy
Hi everyone. It has been a hot minute since I posted on this forum.

Rocky is now JUST shy of 10.5 years old and we’ve been managing his arrhythmia and IBD with multiple meds over the past 3 years.
He regularly collapses and loses urine control, most recently was 2 weeks ago. He usually recovers well and the episodes are months apart typically.

Yesterday I received devastating news that my boy has cancer. Sarcoma to be exact. They believe it’s aggressive given how quickly it came on and the fact the aspirate we got showed necrosis and hemorrhage. This mass came out of nowhere and has grown rapidly. He’s uncomfortable and often up at night panting and pacing. We have him on tramadol and gabapentin to try and control the pain. It’s not working.

Rocky is not a surgical candidate given the location and size of the cancer - along with his cardiac risk factors from the arrhythmia.

I’m hoping for any/all advice regarding inoperable sarcomas and how long you had with your pup. Did anyone have a lesion burst open? The vet said we have a month, tops, before it bursts and advised us to put him down prior to it rupturing as it is a mess and very painful.

I am still processing this news. I came on BW to share as back when we adopted Rocky you were my biggest resource and support to help make him the incredible dog that he is. So thank you.

life has gotten crazy with 2 human kids but Rocky has remained a top priority for us and we just love him so much.
Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• 0CB42A8F-2C8E-4E26-A989-E8C3C2CA0D14.jpeg
    0CB42A8F-2C8E-4E26-A989-E8C3C2CA0D14.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 173C92E0-36F5-4A4C-AFCB-4F51452167C1.jpeg
    173C92E0-36F5-4A4C-AFCB-4F51452167C1.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 5

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
I am so sorry you got such awful news. CBD or Hemp oil helped Arabella deal with the pain from her arthritis. I bought HempGold off Amazon, or Charlottes Web for pets from the local health food store. I hope you still have some quality time left with Rocky.

joeys mom

Boxer Insane
I am so sorry - try the cbd oil ... we just started it about a month ago to help with Chances Cancer ( epitheliotropic lymphoma) and do believe it has helped ... not with pain per say though but it does a have a calming effect for sure. I pray you have more time with Rocky and can help him with the pain loveicon

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I am so sorry you got such devastating news. I would definitely try the CBD oil. I have heard such great things about. It certainly wouldn't hurt.

Linda/NJ

Boxer Insane
I am so sorry to hear this awful news. I would try anything you can. I personally doing do anything with my girl's liver cancer. She didn't suffer till the last 2 weeks. My girl had 3 months with us after her diagnosis. I pray you have longer with him than I did with my Lily. Hugs to you...