1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riley, Our Hero!

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by RileyMom, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sube Ru's mom

Sube Ru's mom Guest

I dont know why but i decided to see where you are from and i saw baltimore, i live in annapolis which is only like 30 minutes from you. YIKES!!! I take for granted that Pat and I live in Annapolis and it is a nice area, crime can happen anywhere. But if there is one thing i trust it is Subi and Bailey. Luckily they both will bark if something is wrong and i always check it out.

I am so glad that everyone was ok. you are definitly calmer about the situation then i would be. Give Riley big hugs and kisses from Subi and Bailey.

BTW: how old is Riley?

I hope they get whoever did this.

2. RileyMom

RileyMom Boxer Booster

Thank you all for your concern. I'm not quite as calm as you may think -- but it's much easier to appear confident online than in person!

I am trying hard to focus on the fact that we're all OK. That's the single most important thing, and that's what I need to dwell on. If I let myself think about other things..like the fact that a stranger was inside my house, just a few feet away from my sleeping baby...well, you know that will surely drive me over the edge. So, over and over again, I have to keep telling myself that we're all fine and that if you have to have a break-in, at least this one has a far happier ending than it could have had.

And even if Riley WAS just telling me he had to pee (but I think he was alerting me to something else), he still saved the day and gets major props in my book!!

Riley is a year and a half old. He looks like a big boy, but he's still my baby! Thank goodness he shares his house with us!;)

3. catcompany

catcompany Banned

My God--Courtney--that is so scary!!!!! We are planning to put Royina in her bedroom upstairs......our master bedroom is downstairs and she is still sleeping with us. (she will be one on the 4th of June). But now I am having second thoughts.
    I am so glad everything turned out just fine--it was all a matter of timing..thanks to Riley. I am sure he was alerting you---these dogs have brillaint sixth senses.

4. SouthernArt

SouthernArt Completely Boxer Crazy

Thank goodness everyone is OK! Maybe they'll catch whoever broke in!

5. Rowdy's Dad

Rowdy's Dad Guest

My suggestion is to get an alarm system. Even when we leave windows open at night, all the other doors and windows can have the alarm on. I like having Rowdy in the house at night also. I was taking the trash out the other night and Rowdy didn't hear me come into the back yard. As I threw the trash over the back fence, Rowdy came at me full speed growling. I yelled his name and he realized that it was me. He barely missed me and clipped the corner of the garage as he avoided me and almost knocked himself down. I was glad to see that Rowdy would protect us. It's not the first time that he tried to protect me. When Riley grows up you will sleep a whole lot easier.

6. RileyMom

RileyMom Boxer Booster

a different dog

I can already see a change in Riley. It's like the whole thing has made him mature very quickly!

The last couple of days, he has been much more likely to bark at noises. He patrols the house and yard more. He's sleeping in the doorway instead of on his bed for most of the night.

It's like he's on high alert.

Maybe this has made a guard dog out of little guy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.