1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

resizing file to upload photo

Discussion in 'Site features' started by Jinnytee, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinnytee

Jinnytee Super Boxer

Hi there. Can anyone help with the resizing of photos to be able to upload them on to the gallery / avatar. I have tried resizing and resizing - right down to less than 300kb, 1.25 x 1.7 inches - but the site still rejects it as being too large a file- yet the limit is supposed to be 1000kb. I am so confused !!

2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

The easiest way to show of you dog is join a site like Photobucket, then you an upload your photos to the site and just post a link to the photos.

For your avatar you need a program that will shrink your photo really small. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the program that I used to use. Hopefully someone will chime in with the name of a good program.

3. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I just changed my Avatar and I used:FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter This the program that I use to edit my photos.

First crop the photo as small as possible and then go into Resize, change the pixels to 100 x 100. Then go back in Resize and change the print size, resolution to as small as possible or whatever size is necessary to make the photo small enough. Don't forget to save the photo.

It is easier if you reduce the quality of the photo's that you take in the first place.

4. bxrbgood

bxrbgood Boxer Insane

Photoscape is a free download for windows or iMac. (cnet or download.com) It's a pretty good program for enhancing and resizing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.