Renaming a 1 year old female???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TysonsMyBoy

Boxer Buddy
We are getting a 1 year old female who's name is Allie, cute name BUT I go by Ali and my daughters name is Hallie (rhythms with Allie).

I would like a new name for her that sounds the same so it would be easier and not confuse her too much!!

Any ideas??

brodieboxer

Completely Boxer Crazy
How about Ryleigh? It has a similar sound but won't sound too much like yours and your daughter's names. The dog's only one, so she'll actually adapt to any name you choose. We just renamed a 9 month old from Billy to Dempsey - no problem!

TysonsMyBoy

Boxer Buddy
I am happy to hear that she would adjust to a new name b/c I really like the name Bella!!!
I think we will call her Bella and Allie can be her middle name!!!

brodieboxer

Completely Boxer Crazy
Bella's a lovely name! When you start using it, call her name and every time she looks at you, give her a really yummy treat. She'll start answering to her new name in no time!

TyTysmom

Super Boxer
You shouldn't have any problem renaming her. We renamed Tyson when we got him at 7 months. For some reason his previous owners thought "Chunky" was a good name for him. He's the runt of the litter and anything but Chunky, LOL. He adjusted to his new name in no time.

Congrats on your new furbaby.

LovnZ

Boxer Pal
Very nice

Bella is a very pretty name. Im sure she will have no problem adjusting. Let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.