Raw feeding videos

Keeroff

Completely Boxer Crazy
Is there a way you can teach them how to eat raw? Hurricane absolutely refuses to touch the food with his paws... when I give him raw on occasion he just spreads out his front feet as far as possible and braces the food as best as he can against the floor.... which of course means it goes all over the floor. He will keep in on the towel, but the towel goes sliding :rolleyes: Is this just a Hurricane thing or do other dogs not like to touch raw food with their feet?
Kirov does exactly the same position with Hurricane, but the food doesn't go all over the floor.
Maybe you should try asking him to lie down and STAY down before you give his food, and if he stands up again with food in mouth ask again to lie down and stay. Well, if you insist you will be quite annoying while he will be eating, so he might prefer to obey the command than listen to you LOL :P

picklevega

Boxer Pal
yeah...I can do this!

This was the final factor for many long months of research!
I knew I wanted to feed raw but had convinced myself that it would be way too messy. I had read crazy tips and tricks on a website as to how to keep tidy.(all which made me think that it was that much messier)
Then I looked at this video.....ya I can do this, its not that messy! My dogs aren't dumb. I will give them a towel, they will learn to stay on that for bigger longer meals.
So a huge giant thank you for posting this video!

KieleDog

Boxer Pal
Kiele 6th day of raw

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1xnqK5YUGEw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1xnqK5YUGEw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Moderator note: html is disabled on the board for security reason. You only need to copy and paste the link to your video like done below :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xnqK5YUGEw

BendyBoxers

Boxer Booster
raw eatin' boxers.. and a kitty too!

This is Dexter (closest to the camera) and Elliot, eating thanksgiving dinner (raw turkey).
I have them eat on a towel in the kitchen since I don't want them dragging meat all over the backyard, I want to supervise feeding time, and the garage isn't a viable option.. Feeding on the kitchen floor isn't as messy of an idea as I first thought it would be. When I first started feeding raw, I just had Elliot. When he would start to walk off with a hunk of meat, I redirect him (and the food) back to the towel saying 'leave it on the towel!' Eventually he figured it out that every time he walked off with it, I took it from him and put it back on the towel.

Elliot & Dexter eating Thanksgiving Dinner together. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

here is a video of our sick boxer, Elliot, a couple of weeks or so after starting the raw diet, eating a duck. I gave whole 'prey' as much as possible so that he wouldn't have small pieces to possibly choke on, until he got the hang of actually chewing his food.

Video of Elliot eating a Duck | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is a video of our cat, maggie (aka Psycho Hybrid Snake Kitty) eating a Tilapia fish. We also feed them to our Boxers and they like them.. I cut the spines and fins off to feed to the dogs, though.

YouTube - Psycho Hybrid Snake Kitty Eating a Tilapia