Cami
Boxer Insane
As a pup Cami went thru a bout of acne. We got that cleared up and it has been many months since we have noticed anything on her chin.
A few nights ago I noticed a hard small bump just at the corner of her bottom lip about where the larger teeth start. Upon inspection I thought that it was just an ingrown hair or a pimple. I got out my doggie surgical kit (just kidding), I did what I used to do with the acne and took a steralized needle and punctured it. I squeezed it slightly and a small amount of blood came out. I cleaned it off with peroxide. I did this again the following night. She was never the wiser as she was sleeping soundly both times.
So tonight I look again at the bump and it seems as if nothing has changed. It does not appear to be puss filled, it is not swollen and doesn't seem to bother her.
Hubby and I are trying to decide if a vet visit is in order, (we both tend to be overly cautious when it comes to her). If there is no change for the better or worse is a week too long to give this to see if anything changes?
We are trying to be good parents but again not trying to drive the vet crazy. I almost think that they feel as if we are often a little too paranoid. Which really doesn't bother me come to think of it.
Opinions anyone??? Or should I just get a vet appointment tomorrow and set my mind at ease?
Thanks!
A few nights ago I noticed a hard small bump just at the corner of her bottom lip about where the larger teeth start. Upon inspection I thought that it was just an ingrown hair or a pimple. I got out my doggie surgical kit (just kidding), I did what I used to do with the acne and took a steralized needle and punctured it. I squeezed it slightly and a small amount of blood came out. I cleaned it off with peroxide. I did this again the following night. She was never the wiser as she was sleeping soundly both times.
So tonight I look again at the bump and it seems as if nothing has changed. It does not appear to be puss filled, it is not swollen and doesn't seem to bother her.
Hubby and I are trying to decide if a vet visit is in order, (we both tend to be overly cautious when it comes to her). If there is no change for the better or worse is a week too long to give this to see if anything changes?
We are trying to be good parents but again not trying to drive the vet crazy. I almost think that they feel as if we are often a little too paranoid. Which really doesn't bother me come to think of it.
Opinions anyone??? Or should I just get a vet appointment tomorrow and set my mind at ease?
Thanks!