protecting mommy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SC's Mom

Super Boxer
I never thought Caesar would actually "protect" me because he just loves everyone we come into contact with (except 1 guy about a year ago) as a matter of fact the joke is that if someone ever tried to hurt us I'd have to fight for both he and I. Well....my little guy suprised me this past weekend. My hubby and his cousin went out and hubby got called into work for an overnight, his cousin wasn't up to driving home (if you know what I mean) so I told him to spend the night. Caesar knows his cousin and they like each other very much but C wasn't very thrilled with the thought of him sleeping over so we found out. When hubby's cousin went to bed C actually stood on him and stared right into his face! No growling just staring. I had to put up the gate so he would leave the poor man alone. C then proceeded to sit at the gate and lie in the hall but not sleep for the entire night. He finally came to bed when hubby arrived at 4am. When hubby went to work again at 7 am, C went back to "gate duty" till I finally got out of bed at 9! As soon as we were all awake C got his toys and played just fine. What a wacko! But a good boy watching out for mommy!

Layla's Mom

Super Boxer
It is amazing, isn't it? My husband travels for a living and when he is home Layla spends the night watching TV with us in an upstairs TV room snoring away! When hubby is traveling, Layla is downstairs every night sitting on top of a chair in the living room window guarding or laying awake on the bottom of the stair landing between me and the front door. When it's time for bed she will actually lay her paws across my legs or stomach almost as if she is trying to cover me. Never does this when hubby is home.

Taryn and Layla(my bodyguard)

Murray'sMom

Boxer Insane
Wow, Murray does this too!! Whenever my husband is home, he's right there in bed with the two of us sound asleep. However, when my husband is at work (he works 24 hour shifts as a fireman), Murray is either downstairs sleeping on the couch, in the hallway outside my bedroom, or lying on top of my legs at the bottom of our bed. What a great feeling to know that you're being protected. :)

Linda

FIREMEDIC593

Boxer Pal
Chase

Yea I Am A Fireman In Fl And My Boy Chase Sleeps On The Bed With My Wife And I. When I Return Home After A Long 24 Hrs Away My Wife Tells Me That Chase Sleeps So Close To Her That He Actully Pushes Her Out Of The Bed. And When We Had Some Workers At The House He Sat On Her While The Workers Were In The House. It Makes The Long Night At The Firehouse A Lot Easier Knowing A Man (chase) Is Still Watching Over The House.

Silverstar

Super Boxer
Ahhh, Good boy Caesar! It is truly amazing how they react to the situation. Ikaika does this with my brother in law, but only on certain occasions. Other than that he loves him to death.

Monica156

Boxer Booster
Jingo does this too. I did some sewing for a friends wedding. The man I was sewing for had been over before, but my DH was home. When he came for the final fitting, it was just me, Jingo and Milo. As I did the final sewing, the man came upstairs and waited in the doorway and we talked. Jingo was between me and the man the entire time. He noticed it too. It is nice to feel protected. Milo, our male boxer, layed on the couch the whole time!

Maggie'sMama

Boxer Booster
Maggie does similar things. Now, it's gotten to the point where I don't feel as comfortable alone in the house when she's not there! I know part of it is that the house seems unusually quiet (without the sounds of Mags chasing the cat, slurping on her Kong, or snoring). Plus I was blessed with an over-active imagination, so I read more into strange sounds than is really there. :) I hope no one ever tries to break into our house - with Maggie and I both being such scaredy-cats, the cat will have to defend us all! :)

Ali & Maggie

car32

Boxer Pal
protecting

I notice a difference in Joe when my kids and I are home alone without my husband. He is much more agressive when someone comes to the door. Last weekend my husband was away and he would not let my brother in law in the door till I told he it was ok. He know him very well and loves him.

Connie

Status
Not open for further replies.