Problems with Gateway Laptop On/Off Button

Murp.mm

Boxer Insane
My husband gave me a new Gateway laptop last year for my birthday and the on/off button keeps sticking and now it is almost impossible to turn it off or on again. Anyone have a Gateway and have that problem. Looks like I am going to have to send it back to Gateway.

Thanks

Murp.mm

Boxer Insane
If it's still under guarantee you should definitely send it back ..
Thanks. Looks like I am going to have to do that. It was bought at Best Buy and will have to be sent off to Gateway and it maybe gone for a few weeks, yes, a few weeks or longer. Such a pain I guess we are all too dependent on our techology today. I do have a tablet which I can use while it is gone but I love my laptop. .

LoveMyDoggie

Boxer Insane
Thanks. Looks like I am going to have to do that. It was bought at Best Buy and will have to be sent off to Gateway and it maybe gone for a few weeks, yes, a few weeks or longer. Such a pain I guess we are all too dependent on our techology today. I do have a tablet which I can use while it is gone but I love my laptop. .

Sorry you are having problems with your computer. Our family ( my sons have 4 of these ) has 3 computers, 4 lap tops and an IPAD so I can feel your pain. We get everything from Dell and what is nice is if there is a problem that is under warranty they send the tech to your house to fix it.

Murp.mm

Boxer Insane
Sorry you are having problems with your computer. Our family ( my sons have 4 of these ) has 3 computers, 4 lap tops and an IPAD so I can feel your pain. We get everything from Dell and what is nice is if there is a problem that is under warranty they send the tech to your house to fix it.

Thank you. Last week I was ready to throw it to the dump but it is working fine apart from that silly button. I was looking at Dell online a few days ago and my friend has one and she loves hers. The fact that they send repair men to your home is a big bonus. So that is one that I would seriously consider next time.