Please say a prayer for my Dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
My dad had a heart attack today. The EMT's used the paddles to bring him back. He is going in for a quadruple by-pass tomorrow morning. Thankfully, the hospital he is at has a 98% success rate. If you would be so kind please say a prayer for him, I would greatly appreciate it. I am leaving KS with the pups tomorrow morning and driving down to FL. It will take 2 days. DH's job has him traveling at times at short notice and I don't have anyone here to watch them if that should happen so I have to take them with me. Plus what better stress reducer that a hug from a pup.

Cami

Boxer Insane
So very sorry to hear about your dad. My dad thought he had a heart attack in 2000. He did not however he did have to have a quadruple by-pass like your dad.
I can honestly say that he is MORE healthy today at 71 than he was 11 years ago at age 60 when he had it done. He also ended up having a pacemaker the following year.
I literally took over his health (and a good portion of his life). I researched everything I could regarding his issues and made sure to be a total pain in the arse to him to get him to change his ways. The roles reversed sort of and I became the parent. I like to say "I trained him well" but in fact he knew that I had his best interests at heart and he listened to me (still does).
Hopefully your dad is going to be a good patient and will follow the doctors orders.
If you want a synopsis of what to expect from surgery prep to recovery I'd be happy to share what we went through. If it is just too emotional right now I understand. I was a nervous wreck the night before surgery. Never been so scared in my entire life. I wish someone had taken me aside and told me what to expect. It would have been hard to hear but I am the type of person that likes a plan and don't do well when I feel out of control.
I wish your dad all the best in the world during this time. Many prayers being sent his way. There is strength in numbers!!

Roge

Boxer Insane
Consider it done , My friends Dad was in the same situation this time last year and went as they thought to have a single bypass and ended up with a quadruple, recovery went fine but things did not progress as quickly as he would have liked as he wanted to revert back to every day activities ASAP. He is great now you,d never think he had been through heart surgery the only thing that is different is that he takes better care of himself now. Today is scary but from tomorrow on its onwards and upwards . he will be in my thoughts today.

Sansal

Boxer Insane
I am sorry to hear about your dad. Good thing is there are so many medical advances these days, a lot can be done to help a patient recover from an event like that. I hope everything goes well with the surgery and I will keep you and your dad in my thoughts. Drive safe.

hmdupuis

Super Boxer
You and your dad are in my thoughts today. No worries, everything will be fine. Heart surgury is pretty common these days. My memere (grandmother) just had bypass surgury done last year. She said the worst part was having to sit around in the hospital for 2 days with no T.V. (mem, refuses to pay extra to have cable lol)
Having the pups with you will be the best thing for both you and your dad. They always find a way to cheer us up. Keep your head up my friend.

johann

Boxer Insane
Tons of good thoughts and healing thoughts headed to your dad. I hope his surgery goes uneventfully and he recovers quickly.

Drive safely!

Sugarcain

Super Boxer
Sending prayers to your dad. My father had a heart attack in 2002 and had to have a quadruple bypass done. He was 59. He went through it with flying colours and he is diabetic so he tends to take longer to heal. Although he did not go back to work after, he does body work in his garage everyday and that was after having a 2nd heart attack in 2007 (three stints that time plus they lost him on table for a bit and had to bring him back). He is a stubborn man and refuses to moderate himself or quit smoking (or quit eating sweets, he still has a chocolate bar every night before bed even though he is on insulin for his diabetes).
Heart surgery is more common now, and recovery time is faster than it was years ago, but hearing that doesn't make it less scary. Hope everything goes well.

Lizzie

Boxer Insane
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. My prayers and positive thoughts and vibes to you and your family. I hope the surgery goes really well.

Austin's Mom

Boxer Insane
My Dad also had two heart attacks and a pacemaker but never had to have surgery. Sending lots of prayers for your Dad I hope all went well with the surgery and he has an easy recovery.

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
Thank you everyone! My dad came thru surgery great! They are slowly weaning him off oxygen. Before surgery he was cracking jokes with the staff and quickly became a favorite patient. The dogs have been doing great on the road, even tho' Arabella had to wear her thundershirt thru a rainstorm.

Status
Not open for further replies.