1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohio Boxer needs home

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by Cami, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. violetashlee

violetashlee Super Boxer

Hi Cami,

I have a friend who co-runs an all breed rescue in Columbus - Im pretty good friends with her. Do you want me to ask if they can take him?

Kelly

2. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

As luck would have it I just got a call from the intake coordinator of the rescue this morning and they *may* have an open foster home for Boomer!
    Trying to iron out some details but it sounds promising.

3. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

Yay!! appicon Keeping my fingers crossed for Boomer! appicon Please keep us posted!

4. sriley

sriley Completely Boxer Crazy

That's awesome! I hope Boomer is in a better environment more suited to his Boxer needs soon. Keep us posted.

5. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

Boomer is in! I am waiting on a call from the person who will be transporting him. I need to get him to her and once that happens he is heading to his foster family.
    Mother and daughter with overlapping schedules so Boomer will have someone around nearly all the time. Just like he is used to.
    He will soon get his surgery and once recovery is done he will be available to go to his forever home.
    I hope this happens in the next day or so. appicon
    It has been a long 7 months worrying about this guy.

6. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

YAY for Boomer! appicon appicon So glad to hear this is happening!!

7. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

IT'S OFFICIAL!!

I picked Boomer up from his owner yesterday and transported him to someone else who would be taking him the rest of the way to his foster family. She had a huge fenced in yard so we let Boomer off leash so he could have his very FIRST off leash run. To be honest he didn't know what to do!
    Eventually with a little prompting he started to explore but kept looking back at us as if to say "thanks".
    I threw a tennis ball for him and he took off running at full speed and went after it. He was so excited. appicon
    His foster family recently lost their own Boxer and aside from another foster don't have a dog of their own. There might be a chance they end up keeping him. He will be there a while for his surgery and recovery so maybe, just maybe they will get attached!
    I just want him to find love.
    I started to tear up while driving away. Hubby was with me and said "Today is the first day of the rest of his life."
    That made me feel better since I kept thinking he was being taken away from everything and everyone he knew. When I started to think about that I realized that what he knew wasn't the best situation for him and what he is going to know will leave those memories in the dust.
    Be well Boomer and here is hoping that the rest of your life is filled with Boxer burns and happiness.

8. Holden's Mom

Holden's Mom Boxer Insane

Great news! I am so happy for Boomer.

Pam and Autry

9. joannaryan

joannaryan Boxer Insane

What a wonderful ending! Gave me goosebumps while reading. I hope all ends well and he gets to stay forever with his foster parents and that he gets the love he deserves and they find another one to love for the loss of theirs :)

10. johann

johann Boxer Insane

Such wonderful news! Thank you for helping Boomer. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.