1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohio Boxer needs home

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by Cami, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

This is a continuing saga...
    http://www.boxerworld.com/forums/adoptions/161150-16-month-old-needs-home-male.html

Boomer needs a home ASAP.
    I located a low cost clinic and he was all set up to have his neuter surgery as well as get UTD on his shots, have a heart worm test etc.....BUT.....they won't budge on the use of ACE so the owner declined the surgery. I didn't know about this or would have tried to step in and help in some fashion. I literally ran into the guy this morning. I thought the surgery had been done and this guy had went to rescue. I had also gotten that all set up but Boomer fell through the cracks. Now the owners son has moved in with him and brought along two cats (there were already 2 in the house).
    Due to the son's move-in and his fear that his cats will be harmed (Boomer just wants to play with them) I fear he is spending even more time in his crate (owner finally bought a larger one when I had to take back the one on loan).

Boomer will be 2 later this year and he needs the surgery and a home that will love him and take him for walks. He needs to be able to BE a Boxer! He has never had an outdoor Boxer burn. :(

The owner is still willing to send Boomer to his new home with funds to help go towards the neuter surgery. He is located in Central Ohio but transport can be arranged.

Plain fawn male (small amount of white on feet and chest). Natural ears and docked tail. Dew claws removed.

Despite his less than 2 years on this earth and the limited amount of space this guy has to run and be "free" he is still 100% all Boxer. As happy as can be. Very loving. Help me find him his forever home BW!!

2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Do you think he would send him to Manitoba??? :)

3. sriley

sriley Completely Boxer Crazy

How far is a transporter willing to travel to relocate this sweet boy?

4. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

ugh this poor boy :( what else can we do to help? I would be happy to volunteer to do some part of the transport if he were to go somewhere in the northeast!

5. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

The owner is self employed and works from home. I would think he could travel a ways if need be!
    My work schedule wouldn't allow for me to go a great distance (time restraints) but I know people! If I call in the calvary I bet we can get this guy just about anywhere.
    Thanks everyone, keep the ideas and good adoption vibes coming.

6. sriley

Do we know if Boomer is good with other dogs?

7. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

He sure likes his neighbor dog friend however they don't play only meet each other during potty breaks when Boomer is on leash (neighbor dog off leash). He wants to play, tries to play but the owner isn't dog savvy and doesn't let him off leash.
    I have only seen Boomer be a happy, energetic Boxer puppy who needs additional training. His world is too limited.

8. sriley

This is probably a stupid question, but is there not a Boxer rescue in Ohio or within close proximity to Ohio that could find Boomer a more suitable home?

9. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

I already have him on the waiting list to get in with a Boxer rescue however.....owner surrenders are at the bottom of the list meaning it could take many months (it already has). He needs an open foster home to stay in for at least a week so that he can be evaluated by the foster family.
    Due to his non-neuter status he needs a foster home capable of getting him through the surgery and recovery.....then he needs even more additional time for the eval after the fact. Hard to "judge" a dog in recovery so his time in a foster home would be longer than usual and those with limitless openings of time are few and far between. The dogs in shelters or otherwise bad situations are always at the top of the list. Boomer could literally stay on a list for years.
    The surrender app has been submitted and he has been accepted and now it is just a waiting game with little hope of an opening in sight.
    Add in the fact that the owner was supposed to have already had the surgery and gotten him UTD on vaccinations puts additional strikes against him.
    He isn't being very pro-active in helping his own situation out and in the mean time Boomer suffers for it.
    Owner told me he likes to pretend something isn't happening (or needs done) so he can just forget about it.
    If I didn't have a cat I would foster him in a heartbeat but I don't have the time to teach my cat that all Boxers are not cat friendly. She has no self defense mode and due to her relationship with Cami she thinks dogs protect her instead of want to *sometimes* be a little too rough with her. Raine is still a work in progress where the cat is concerned but she has made leaps and bounds!

10. Lisa H

Lisa H Completely Boxer Crazy

I cannot take him but would help in any way needed. There is also a Boxer resucue in my area that may take him. I am not sure if I can post it on here though. I am in WNY, right on the NY/PA line...I am not sure how far that is away from Boomer.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.