Nothing fits

shelbynicole

Boxer Pal
My husband and I just added number three to our household and for the life of us we cannot agree on a name! He's a sealed brindle with some flash. So far he's a really happy guy and pretty chill.

My husband really wants to name him Squish. Don't ask me why I can't figure that one out. But I've been trying to explain to him that even though it's cute now and suits him now when he's bigger it'd be kinda weird.

Our current dogs are loki and lexi.

Names that I've thrown out but he's shot down: louie, nash, and indi.

Names we've kind of agreed on but just don't stick, Captain, onxy, hurley, and asher.

Helppp. I'm hoping a name will just fit. You know?

shelbynicole

Boxer Pal
We figured out why nothing fit. We already had a name in our hearts and minds. 5 years ago when we named Loki we tabled the name Thor for our next male. Rewind 2.5 months ago we got out boy Thor. He sadly left us to go wait at the rainbow bridge at only 13 weeks old. We made the decision that we wanted to get another one right away.

Well our new little boy slightly resembles our last pup. And we kept calling him Thor by mistake. So we finally decided to let him carry on the name. We didn't take the decision lightly, it was something we've been talking about since we decided to get another.

However this guy has a special middle name. Munnin, norse for memory. So hes named in memory of our fist guy. <3

(In norse mythology Thor's father, Odin, has two Ravens Huginn and Munnin (thought and memory) so I felt as its pretty fitting. :) )

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
I think it is a fitting name. I have also found I rarely have called any of my dogs what I have named them. :LOL: I had a Thor but I called him Bubby more that anything. Arabella is usually Bella or Brat. And my first girl Star was called Baby or Baby Girl.

Stellababe

Boxer Buddy
We had a similar problem naming Louie. He went almost three weeks without a name. We tossed everything under the sun. He just looks like a Lou, he's a reverse brindle floppy docked with a droopy face and very chill attitude. He bumps into things often so the nickname Lumpy or Lump came about along with asking him "you okay Buddy?"

Stella's nicknames include Punk, punk-a -tude and mouth...

I'm glad you came up with something special...
enjoy your third...

loves of my life.....
Stella Bear 15month old flashy brindle female
Louie Bear 4 month old flashy reverse brindle male

both flop and docked

LoveMyDoggie

Boxer Insane
I think it is a fitting name. I have also found I rarely have called any of my dogs what I have named them. :LOL: I had a Thor but I called him Bubby more that anything. Arabella is usually Bella or Brat. And my first girl Star was called Baby or Baby Girl.

We are the same way. Our first dog Bronx we called Aboo. Our Collie Blaze that passed we called Dorkie. Our current Lab Mooks we call Bubba and our Boxer girl Daisy we call Daisy Mae or Baby Girl or on occasion TROUBLE. :)

TysonCheeto

Completely Boxer Crazy
Couldn't agree more :) Arabella is Bella baby. She got that early on from daddy and it stuck. You guys will laugh but we call Bentley "Brother Bentley" LOL hahaha somehow that just happened...and when we reference him , its " hey brother Bentley!!!" Or "where ya goin brother Bentley!!?" I can claim that one...I spit it out one day and it caught on... So we have Bella Baby and Brother Bentley :) amongst many others...LOL...but those are the biggie nick names LOL