Need a flea/tick preventative

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayandsarah

Completely Boxer Crazy
did i mention to said child I wAS laid off on monday ???? ..... no more rescue for a bit .......

when am i going to learn to say the magic words ???? N O ..... lol

I know how you feel BF has been laid off since may. It sucks big time!

rayandsarah

Completely Boxer Crazy
Thanks everyone! I'll bath them both in dawn tonight. They need a bath anyway it's been a while.

Their last Sentinel pill is this thursday so I think i'll pick up some Heartguard and some kind of topical for next month.

bucksteemom2

Boxer Insane
I use Trifexis and love it!! I have not found one flea or tick on them this year:) It also does heartworms, hookworms, roundworms and whipworms. I hated putting on the topical stuff each year it made such a mess and never lasted a full month.

nalabear

Super Boxer
We use organic Apple cider vinager with the mother in it. 50/50 with water and spray them down before we leave the house. No fleas or ticks. Or kitty brought a few in and they left the doggies alone :) Kitty got several baths with 50/50 mix as a after shampoo rinse. No more fleas appicon

rayandsarah

Completely Boxer Crazy
We use organic Apple cider vinager with the mother in it. 50/50 with water and spray them down before we leave the house. No fleas or ticks. Or kitty brought a few in and they left the doggies alone :) Kitty got several baths with 50/50 mix as a after shampoo rinse. No more fleas appicon

I give them ACV twice a day with their food. Should I also start spraying them with it?

nalabear

Super Boxer
I give it in their water every day as well but I still will spray it on them whenever we go somewhere that fleas are a possibility.

We have a friend that we believe has a flea problem in her home. Before we knew about the ACV we got a bad infestation. We got it cleared up and and then ended up seeing our friend. Started finding fleas again. We were not happy. Every time we got them cleared up and then went to see her we would find fleas on them. So now every time we see her they are sprayed down. We have not had anymore problems since :)

They smell like a big salad but I would prefer that then fleas :D

I honestly don't know if it will work for every pet but it works for ours :)

rayandsarah

Completely Boxer Crazy
Has anyone tried the pet armor plus for flea/tick? I was looking up frontline and this popped up as well. I see it has the same ingredients but just wondered if anyone has tried it?

chrystel

Boxer Insane
i have no idea about pet armor.. i think it's the petsmart brand of frontline, isn't it? i was wondering also if it works as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.