My father in law is a hero :) (Long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus's Teah

Super Boxer
A few days ago, another member (ROB) posted in this forum a thread named "I finally did it" about their decision to adopt Ollie; naturally I followed the link to check out Ollie's pic... well then I decided to check out the boxers up for adoption in my area (and I don't have room for any more puppy dogs so this was silly!). I found Baxter (check out the below link), a boxer mix, and I felt a desire to help him. We already have 4 dogs, our boxer Gus and our 3 labs, Bear, Sugar and Molly. DH says that we have enough fur babies and I agree, I just have a huge soft spot in my heart for all the dogs in the world! I decided that I needed to find someone to help him out though. I don't know why I thought I needed to help this one boy, I was just drawn to him...

I emailed my father-in-law a link to Baxter's picture and story this week in hopes that he might think about adopting him. He has talked about getting another fur baby to keep Opus, his 8 year old boxer company and to add a little more life to the house (he divorced in 2001 and DH's bother moved out that same year to go to college; so now it's just my father-in-law and Opus in the house). Well, he talked to Baxter's foster mom and he sounds like a perfect fit. Baxter's coming to live with Ken tomorrow! We're going to pick him up tomorrow :)

I just wanted to share this story on boxerworld since this site is the reason that this whole saga started in the first place. I love this community :)

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?ac...da50-app1&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

haleyandmark

Boxer Insane
Aww, Yea for your Father In Law and Baxter!! Baxter is a cutie, I checked out his pictures!! :D You'll have to update whenever he gets to his new home and let us know how he is handling everything!! :)

I wish there were more people like you and your father in law in the world (I know there are lots of us on Boxerworld, but I'm talking about all together), then there wouldn't be so many dogs without homes in shelters!!

1FlashyFan

Boxer Insane
I checked out Baxter's pics and bio and he looks and sounds like a wonderful dog. Thank you and your FIL for finding him and giving him a loving home. Best of luck and thank you for the happy ending!

Gus's Teah

Super Boxer
He's home

We picked Baxter up today :) He is a sweetheart! He has a lot of things to work on, but he's going to fit in just fine with Ken and Opus. Baxter gave Ken and I kisses all the way home (a 2 hour drive!). When Baxter met Opus they had a little territorial growling scene, but no mishaps so far, and absolutely no food agression... they both sat next to each other and had bone time for awhile soon after they got home. Ken's going to keep a close eye on them for a couple of days to make sure that they don't get aggressive, but it seems like it really is going to work out :) I'll try to post some pictures next weekend of the pair.

Gus's Teah

Super Boxer
Baxter Update

Baxter loves his new forever home. He sleeps in my FIL's bed and loves his big ol' brother :) Check out my gallery to see some pics of him.

Dunkin

Boxer Insane
Homeless Babies no more!!(long)

I hope this is the right place to post this. I just have to share this story. I live in a very rural area. Very few people here care for their furbabies like I do. Anyway everyone within 30 miles of here know that if they have a Boxer they can't keep they contact me. I take the dog in and nurse them to health (along with my wonderful Vet.) then I find homes for them. I woke up on Dec. 2nd to the crying of puppies. On my front porch were 3 beautiful White Boxers. in a box with an envelope taped to the side. I have no idea where they came from the note just said please take care we cannot keep them. They were cold and a little thin. Took them to the vet. and 2 were healthy but the small little girl has a bad heart. My vet believes with the propor care she will be ok. We wormed them and run some blood work all looked OK. I had no trouble finding homes for the first 2 but Tiny still had no home. I got a call from a freind in Ark. she has a Boxer and a Boston Terrior. She called to tell me Billy the Boston had gone to the bridge. I told her of Tiny and now Tiny has a wonderful home.

Status
Not open for further replies.