My dog is a killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucca

Boxer Insane
To my surprise, out fell a little mouse and scurried away.

same here chloe had a little field mouse she was carring in her mouth, alive and waiting to be let go, i can only imagine the little guy running around her big old drooly mouth looking for the escape door :LOL: i got her to drop it took it away and released it, never saw a mouse run so fast :)

argosrocks

Super Boxer
my 2yr old boxer seriously maimed a canadian goose,i think he thought it was a toy,he has a stuffed animal that is almost identical,aside from that he hasnt hurt a fly in the 2 yrs ive owned him,growing up i had a mixed breed terrier type dog that killed every animal native to my state,his favorite were garter snakes,just thinking back i must have seen him kill over the years rabbits,birds,squirrels,racoons,moles,if it moved and was in our horse pasture ,it was dead more or less,im glad my boxer doesnt have much of a prey drive,but then again hes not a ranch dog and his main job is chasing his toys from room to room.

Kilby'sMum

Super Boxer
Kilby catches birds too. But we think her reasons are a little different.... we have minor(??) birds that come into our yard and they make this awful noise then swoop our cat. He gets so petrified he'll just freeze to the spot and cry and cry and they continue doing this for up to 40mins. So Kilby (gallant protector of her "big" brother) started to chase and catch the birds and worse....she just bites off their heads and leaves the rest. We think this is because that is where the noise comes from and her goal is just to stop the noise that terrifies her brother. She's never gone after any other type of bird or animal, just the ones that swooped the cat.

I'm very thankful that the birds don't seem to come as often now though as shovelling decapitated birds is not my fave way to pass the time!

kathysboxer

Boxer Insane
Tyson loves to chase bunnies and squirels. He never has been able to catch one, but if he could climb a tree (and he's tried) he'd be so happy! He doesn't bark at them or anything. Just chases them. He even watches the birds flying in the sky. He looks up and just watches them fly past. I think he thinks they are just playmates. LOL

bree

Boxer Buddy
just the other day all 3 of my dogs were in the backyard when the world's dumbest bird decided to land in between dexter and kingston (my boston terrier.) at first they didn't notice, but when they did they were all ready to eat him. i yelled "boys no!" and distracted them long enough for the birdie to fly away. i would hate to have had to watch that. instinct or not, it still makes me sad. there are stray cats that come in our yard and i'm just waiting for one to get eaten... diesel is always on the look out. =)

Please Work

Boxer Booster
Kilby catches birds too. But we think her reasons are a little different.... we have minor(??) birds that come into our yard and they make this awful noise then swoop our cat. He gets so petrified he'll just freeze to the spot and cry and cry and they continue doing this for up to 40mins. So Kilby (gallant protector of her "big" brother) started to chase and catch the birds and worse....she just bites off their heads and leaves the rest. We think this is because that is where the noise comes from and her goal is just to stop the noise that terrifies her brother. She's never gone after any other type of bird or animal, just the ones that swooped the cat.

I'm very thankful that the birds don't seem to come as often now though as shovelling decapitated birds is not my fave way to pass the time!

We used to have those horrid Indian Mynas at our old house they terrified our cat too LOL he was too scared to go outside at times. DH had a Corgi at the time and even though she was like 14 years old she caught them too. They are considered a pest though (they take over native birds nests or something) and most councils are trying to get rid of them so I would thank her for helping preserve the native birds.

jgasparas

Boxer Buddy
Kinda funny stories so here's another. We call my parents boxer the oppossum killer. We had one spawn some little demons under the porch and it was their worst nightmare to come out from under that deck. Sadi was so proud of herself I think for protecting her yard against an infiltrator. She ended up nabbing about a half dozen of them. my baby Halo has not become much of a killer as of yet unless you call emptying a food bowl faster than squeezing the trigger on a Mac 10 drive by gun.

paulgarcia

Boxer Pal
Tyson loves to chase bunnies and squirels. He never has been able to catch one, but if he could climb a tree (and he's tried) he'd be so happy! He doesn't bark at them or anything. Just chases them. He even watches the birds flying in the sky. He looks up and just watches them fly past. I think he thinks they are just playmates. LOL

Kimbo too! He's been chasing them since we moved to GA (bunnies arent common in FL). He wakes me up every morning at 7am sharp (must have an internal clock) to let him out to chase squirrels and bunnies. We've been living in this house for 3 months, and he hasnt caught one. I'm thankful though.

undercg

Boxer Booster
Cg goes after the squirrels. If he was off leash, he could probably get some of the ground ones. My third boxer once chased a mouse in the house. Everytime she caught it, I would scream in that very highpitched tone that teen girls can hit and only animals can hear "DROP IT!" She would drop the mouse, it would wriggle, the scream would be "KILL IT". Shelly would once again pickup the mouse. "DROP IT", "KILL IT", "DROP IT", "KILL IT". Finally my dad came, caught the little thing, and disposed of it. Shelly got a cookie for her efforts.

Sugarcain

Super Boxer
Cg goes after the squirrels. If he was off leash, he could probably get some of the ground ones. My third boxer once chased a mouse in the house. Everytime she caught it, I would scream in that very highpitched tone that teen girls can hit and only animals can hear "DROP IT!" She would drop the mouse, it would wriggle, the scream would be "KILL IT". Shelly would once again pickup the mouse. "DROP IT", "KILL IT", "DROP IT", "KILL IT". Finally my dad came, caught the little thing, and disposed of it. Shelly got a cookie for her efforts.

Thats too funny. The visual is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.