1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My boxer seems small

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by luagolddan, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luagolddan

luagolddan Boxer Pal

My boxer is about 5.5 months old, and weighs 26 pounds. Everyone who sees her tells me that she seems tiny. Does anyone know about how big their boxers were around that age? She has huge paws that she hasn't quite grown into, and I've taken her to a couple different vets and keep hearing different things. Any thoughts?

2. Althea

Althea Completely Boxer Crazy

Some dogs are just smaller than others. My first boxer was very small -- I could still carry her at six months. Suki is six months and 40#! She's just petite. :)

3. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

Your boxer still has a lot of growing to do. My puppy was the same weight around that age, or maybe even a little less. She is 11 month old now and maybe 42 pounds. People are used to seeing oversized and overweight boxers, that's why they think ours are small, although they are just normal!
    Boxer puppies tend to grow in height for the first year and fill out the following 2 years.

4. jaxsonsmom

jaxsonsmom Boxer Pal

weight of puppy

My little girl is now 7 months old. At 5 months, she weighed in at about 40 lbs. My vet said that if you take their weight at 4 months and double it, that would be approximately how much she or he would weigh full grown. I don't know how exact this is, but at the age of 7 months she is now around the 50-55 lbs mark, and not fat. Some are definitely larger than others, my boy who is now 10 years old, weighs in at 85 lbs, and he is a big boy, but again not fat. Doesn't matter how big or small they are, they are all just too cute and loveable!!

5. Cheeky Evie

Cheeky Evie Super Boxer

My girl is six months and weighs 35lb, she's super skinny but is quite tall at 22" to withers, she's very leggy at the moment, lol. Boxer babies, from what i've read, grow at all different rates. You never know, she may shoot right up in the next few months :)

6. SweetCody

SweetCody Boxer Insane

Aniah is full grown (two years) and weighs in at 52 lbs. She is perfect in everyway ;) . She is also in the range of breed standards for a female boxer. Boxer's are medium sized dogs not large.

7. Teipsum

Teipsum Boxer Pal

I agree with everything above. I think height is a much better indication of adult size than weight. Yours could be tall and skinny or short and fat? My boxer at 6 months was 33lbs and only 19 inches. She is now 50lbs and 23" (very lanky) at 9 months. As everyone said boxers grow at very different rates. The best indicator of adult height/weight is her parents. But it sounds to me like she will be perfect!

8. BxrMommieNAZ

BxrMommieNAZ Boxer Insane

My boy at 6 months was 51 pounds. Full grown he's 67 pounds (he'll be 3 years old next month).

9. ehayes21

ehayes21 Boxer Insane

It really depends on the dog and genetics. My girl is going to be 4 this year and she weighs 45 pounds.

10. Rbastedo

Rbastedo Boxer Buddy

Our boy Thatcher is twice as wide at the shoulders and at least 6 inches taller than our girl Leela.
    They make an interesting pair - she's so slender and he's just huge.

She is 16 months and probably about 45 pounds, he's 6 years and over 100#.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.