Millie has had surgery today on tumour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britbox

Boxer Insane
Hi all..I'm asking for some very special BW healing vibes for poor Millie, who as we talk is recovering from a long operation today, to remove a spindle cell fibrous tumour from her hind leg. I've just spoken to our vet, and he said it was one hell of an op, as the tumour was so fast growing and aggressive, he's had to take a very wide margin to try to eradicate the cancer, and hopefully prevent any re-occurance. This has resulted in a huge skin graft, he's managed to pull down and cover the wound with a large flap of skin from her thigh. At the moment, she's held together with who knows how many staples, and has her poor leg in a cast to stop her bending it, as the tumour was in the knee area. She needs to stop in, as he has her on morphine for the pain....I've sat here in such a state all day waiting for news, because as well as the cancer, I was so worried about her age (she's 10 now), and the fact that she has an aortic stenosis of the heart, so of course she was in a high risk category...I don't know how I've got through the past few hours, it's so empty with out Mills here, and now she's not going to be here all night..Sleep will be so out of the question.
We are going down to visit her this evening, and I'll be taking her favourite food, and her 'Shaun the Sheep' hot water bottle, just to try to give her some comfort. The vet said she probably won't be with it when we get there because of the meds, but I need to go and see her..I so hope we have done the right thing, I feel so guilty to think that she is in so much pain, and I know she must be so frightened...I'll update as soon as I have news, but thanks in advance for all your good vibes.

Sansal

Boxer Insane
Poor Millie! Sending lots of healing vibes to her and Happy and Sky are sending puppy kisses to your baby! I hope she will recover soon! My thoughts are with you!!!

XTNa

Boxer Buddy
Here's to hoping that Millie gets back to her old tricks soon. Sending you both lots of healing vibes, and Atlas doubles up on the wiggles and kisses.

Keep us posted!

RoxiesEcho

Boxer Insane
Millie and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'll be sending healthy vibes across the Atlantic to you. grouphugicon

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
Your poor baby! Sending ((healing vibes)) Millie's way. I know today is going to be one of the longest in your life, just try to remember to take a breath.

bayleighmom

Boxer Insane
Ah, Marion! I'm sending positive healing vibes to your precious girl. Maybe a glass (or 2) of wine will help you sleep. Hang in there!

johann

Boxer Insane
Lots of healing vibes headed to Millie. Hope she recovers well from surgery and can come home soon.

Cami

Boxer Insane
Sending you healing vibes, many prayers and POSITIVE energy.
It will be hard but you have to STOP making yourself feel worse. Millie IS NOT scared. She is on pain meds and resting. We torture ourselves by thinking negative things in these situations. Been there done that and a lot of it going on recently.
Our minds try to play tricks on us and go to places that we wouldn't normally go because our emotions are in a weakened state.
Focus on the good things! She is in the best place she can be immediately following this surgery. She will be stronger when she gets to come home. She needed the surgery and she has now received it. The cancer was removed from her body.
GET REST. You will need as much of it as you can muster when she comes home because you will be sleeping with one eye open after that!

Britbox

Boxer Insane
Update...Went in and saw my poor baby. She is on a morphine drip, is laying on a heated blanket and is wearing a HUGE plaster cast, she's very, very groggy, but still tried to slither out of her cage when she realised we were there. It was so heartbreaking to see her looking so ill, but I know it's for the best, as without surgery,the outcome would have been very grim. She's such a fighter, and was making funny little snorting sounds, and was trying to 'talk' like she always does!

It was awful having to leave her there, but I know she's in the very best hands, our vet, and all his team are really wonderful, and I trust him totally. He's just rung me before he leaves for the night, and said he was totally exhausted, as the operation turned into such a marathon. He knew there was a possibility that she may have to have a skin graft, but was hoping it could be avoided, in the event, he had to go much deeper and wider than first thought, and told me that most of the time in theatre was made up of plastic surgery, and that she was wearing so many staples, that she resembled Frankenstein..He hopes that when her hair grows back, the scars will not look too gruesome, but that's a small price to pay for saving her life...I can't believe how fast that thing grew, one moment there was nothing, and the next she had this lump as big as a walnut, so time really was of the essence with this thing. We have to wait for the results to come back to see what type and grade it was, but I mentioned the possibility of it being fibrosarcoma, and he said it may have been, but we'll have to wait and see, and pray for a clean margin. He was very pleased with how she was under the anasthetic and said that thankfully, her heart gave no problems, or cause for concern, and her chest, lungs, kidneys etc were all fine.

She needs complete rest, and nursing for a couple of weeks, and they don't want her walking too much, because of the awkward area the surgery was on. I really don't see how she will be able to get about anyway, the cast looks so cumbersome and heavy...Mind, it's very colourful, I'm sure Millie will think it's a very trendy accessory!

Thank you for all your wonderful vibes, but please keep Millie in your thoughts we're not out of the woods yet. Love to you all, and all your fur babies from me, the old man, and Millie Boxer. x

Lisa H

Completely Boxer Crazy
Sending healing vibes your way. You are in our thoughts and prayers. I am sure Millie will up and running around before you know it.

Lisa and Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.