1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kennel in Garage?

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by sjt3409, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shakira's Ma

Shakira's Ma Banned

Two months is way too long to wait to take her to the vets for a urinalysis. She needs to be seen now. I get a feeling that the girlfriend may not be real keen on Brittany, by the comment above. You guys need to understand that she has been through alot of changes and she really needs a little more understanding. Also to wait two months to take her to the vets is not workable, isn't someone else able to take her in for a checkup?

2. sjt3409

sjt3409 Boxer Buddy

The girlfriend is fine with Brittany. She has a dog of her own (Chihuahua). Just concerned with problems about scratching things in kitchen (we had upgraded all the appliances/cabinets).

Are there any other signs/symptoms of UTI? Like I mentioned she doesn't have accidents when were home just while she is alone, so to me it seems like she needs more house training or needs to be retrained for some reason.
    I'll have to see if my parents can bring her into the vet. I'm traveling for work and then out of the country for the next 3-4 weeks.

3. stuvey

stuvey Boxer Booster

Dont do it and stop locking her in the laundry room. I used to close the kitchen door over on Max which caused him to sh1t and pee everywhere then I left the door open he felt more comfortable and more or less sat at a window watching and waiting on me coming home.

If you want to get her to stop scratching use Vix on what the objects but just dont go over board with it.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  4. Brynn1508

Brynn1508 Boxer Insane

hmmm... First question - is your girlfriend traveling with you and that is why Brittany is at your parents’ house? I would think moving then going to stay with your parents for a month is very stressful and could be why Brittany is acting out. Just like a kid bad attention is better then no attention.

Second question - Is Brittany a scratcher??? I ask b/c Bradlee has never scratched anything in our house, especially our appliances (also brand new).

I would take her to the vet to have her checked to make sure nothing is wrong. And make sure when you get home you spend the necessary time retraining her. You can get the crate and approach this as a temporary decorative piece. If you spend the time working with Brittany she will be able to have free roam (no crate) again in no time.

My last comment - I am not trying to be argumentative in this post. I see why boxers end up in rescues and this situation is throwing some red flags. Best of luck to you and please continue to look for support here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.