J.C. at the bridge....

Not open for further replies.


Boxer Insane
It is with extreme sorrow that I write this post telling you of J.C.'s passing.
I haven't been on here much mainly because for some reason I have a lot of trouble connecting to this site. After I lost my job in November I thought I would have a lot of time to be on here, but I made a decision to go back to school and just didn't have a lot of time until recently. About a week ago, J.C. developed a
cough, Which I thought was just him trying to hack up some grass he had been eating, But when it didn't go away I made an appointment for him at the vet.
They took blood for a panel and took some chest x-rays. The x-rays showed some
fluid in his lungs and the vet thought maybe his heart looked a little big but
sent them to the radiologist to get an opinion. At that point they were
thinking pnuemonia and put him on antibiotics and a bronchial dilater. That was Monday June 15. Tuesday his blood panel came back negative but he stopped eating his regular food but would gladly eat other things. Wednesday didn't eat regular meals but was taking medication wrapped in cheese. Thursday I came home from Cub Scout day camp and noticed he was having some trouble breathing so I called the vet and they had me bring him in right away. When I got there there were on the phone with the radiologist who said his heart looked normal and that they should keep up with the antibiotics but stop the bronchial dilator and suggested a diuretic to help him get rid of the fluid in his lungs. J.C. had some sort of an "episode" when at the vet and his gums got very pale so they gave him some of
the diuretic and some IV fluids to help get his color back. It seemed to do
wonders for him because he got his color back right away and was breathing much easier. I was given the option of keeping him there or taking him home but we both thought he would be more comfortable at home. About 4 hours later he was breathing very heavy again and was starting to lose his color again so at 11:30 p.m. I called the vet again and they had me bring him back again. They basically did the same thing and he got his color back and was breathing easier again but this time he stayed there overnight. I left with my son this morning for his second day of scout camp and shortly after I arrived there I got the phone call I never wanted to hear. They had taken him out to go potty which he really needed to do and when he was finished he took a few steps and laid down and wouldn't get back up. They picked him up to rush him back inside but by the time they got there he was already gone. They tried to revive him but couldn't. I drove him down to the University today in the hopes of finding out just what exactly happened. At this point we are thinking he must have had some big problems with his heart too
because his lungs weren't that bad. He was my best friend and companion and gained many friends during his too short time with me. I shall miss him greatly.


Boxer Booster
I am so very sorry to hear about J.C. My jaw dropped when I read the headline for the thread. I can't imagine how hard it is for you and your family right now. I'm sure he is at the bridge completely healthy and thinking that he had the best life on this earth that a dog could ever have. Hopefully you can get some answers as to what was going on with his health. Godspeed sweet boy!


Boxer Insane
I am so very sorry for the loss of your J.C.
Such a sad story.
My thoughts go out to you during this difficult time.
Godspeed sweet J.C. Run free at the bridge.


Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Gary I am so sorry! :( I couldn't believe it when I saw the title.

Run free at the bridge J.C.



Boxer Insane
So sorry to hear of your loss. I know how hard this must be for you. You guys had made such great accomplishments with all of his titles. Know he is watching over you guys.

Run free handsome J.C. angelicon
Not open for further replies.