1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is 2 better than one?

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by jtjumpshot, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Liggin

Thomas Liggin Boxer Insane

From our experience getting a second, I would offer an enthusiastic, unqualified YES!!!!!!!!! Two are better than twice as good as one.

Tom

2. tyson&ali

tyson&ali Boxer Booster

You have a beautiful family!!!! Let us know how things are going!!

3. jtjumpshot

jtjumpshot Boxer Booster

update

i have some new pics. having 2 is is wayyyy easier than one. they just play with each other all the time. then when they are done they become so mello and not extra excited when someone comes by. this was a great choice and i encourage single owners to double up!

they are so cute. they cuddle when they take naps. boxers are the best!!!

4. sashamom

sashamom Boxer Insane

She is SOOO pretty!! The pics are wonderful...its as if they remembered!! (Bruno's hair looks to be growing back quite nicely....)
    Congratulations on getting her and i can't wait to hear all of the stories!!
    Happy Holidays from us!!

5. SoleilBxrs

SoleilBxrs Banned

very cute! Bruno does look like he's getting better, and what better way to celebrate then by having a new playmate! (i can't believe how big he looks tho!.. compared to your first pix.. :LOL: ) congrats! keep us posted on the 2.
    -Kat

6. 2whtbabies

2whtbabies Boxer Pal

We have two white boxers. We've had Buster for 3 years and had to get him a friend (a mutt that's smart as a whip!) because at 8 wks we couldn't get him pottytrained and didn't understand why. The vet checked him out and we found out that he's deaf. We just adopted Riddick, he's white and about 1yr. old, but not deaf, thank goodness! The way those two boxers play is like nothing I've ever seen before! Isis, our mutt, tries to play referee and somehow ends up getting chased around the house by both the boys! Riddick has only been here for 5 days but him and Buster act like they've been best buddies forever! I would definitely recomend a second boxer and a bigger house!! haha

Buster&Riddick's mom

7. jtjumpshot

jtjumpshot Boxer Booster

Thank you!!!

Bruno looks alot better than before. I would post pics of him when it was bad but they probably won't be approved. He lost every single hair he had. He was just flaky and covered with open sores! Everywhere he walked it was covered with dead skin and blood. He looked horrible. Everywhere i took him i was critisized for not putting him down. My girlfriend and i loved him too much though. So we just did everything we could. Lots of research and 3 different vets. Bruno can be the poster boy for generalized demodex. THEY CAN AND WILL RECOVER! All you need is patience and love. When we go places now people ask me if i shaved him or something lol, I just say "you should have seen him 2 months ago". He looks a 150% better than he did. Thanks again. I'm sure i will have plenty of stories in the near future.

8. GillianF

GillianF Boxer Booster

We have two littermates - they are now seven years old - and we have never regretted having them. Our original intention was to get one - my husband chose the male, but my daughter and I fell in love with the little brindle female - he gave in! We have never had any real problems with them, perhaps because they have totally opposite personalities. Bronte, the female, is very alert and energetic - Ttakas, her brother is very laid back and much larger than her. I can't say we had alot of trouble teaching the basic commands - thanks to the video 'Gentle Puppy Training' by Ian Dunbar which our vet loaned us. I do find though, that they interact with each other more but both are soppy for attention from their humans too!!! I'd say 'go for it' and cross the bridges as they come!

9. Julie P.

Julie P. Completely Boxer Crazy

Congratulations! I looked at your pictures after reading this thread; I got the feeling that your boxers just love each other to pieces. Adorable pictures!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.