I need help. This is killing me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

l8krgirl08

Boxer Booster
Well I don't think tough love makes you a bad parent and is often necessary. It sounds like your daughter needs a swift kick in the you know where. My kids are much younger but they never appreciate me either. It's always what else can you give me? Stay strong, say no and congrats on a succsessful surgery etc. Take care!

bucksteemom2

Boxer Insane
WOW!!! I am so sorry to hear about all the stress you have had to deal with. I am very glad you and your BF worked things out for your baby:)YEAH!!!!
His job is stressful enough without adding the "C" word into things!!! As for your daughter my mom had to teach me the hard way and it was the best thing she ever did. It was not easy for her, but boy did my life get on track fast!!!! We are best friends now and she helps me with my skin kids and fur kids!! Being a mother is a hard job!
When god closes a door he always opens a window!!!! Keeping you in our prayers and sending you good vibes:) Kisses from Buckeye and Steeler!!!
:) Amanda

sanford7

Completely Boxer Crazy
Glad to hear things are working out better! It is hard trying to balance it all. Maybe find a responsible kid who would like to earn a few dollars. Start them walking Buddy a few days a week so he gets used to them. Maybe occassionally "babysit" while you go on a date. Then when you are ready for longer trips Buddy will be adjusted to someone else and realize he can have fun while you are gone.

I am glad to hear surgery went really well. I hope he has a speedy recovery! Men(sorry guys) have a different way of dealing with life and what I call "macho-ism" than women do. We tend to put it all out on the table and men wont.. They tend to react stronger to insignificant things when they are feeling out of control.

fayebay1969

Boxer Insane
Buddy is doing well. He's had a couple of playmates while the neighbors have been dog sitting. He loves it. They left a couple of days ago so he's pouting when he goes out and they aren't there. He was able to play with the shepherd on the other side of us last night. That was a great time for him.
The temp have been over 100 here and I don't like taking him out in it. Luckily, the trail we hike is mostly shade and he swims in the lake to cool down. So, we can still do that. :)
As far as my bf goes, he's still having mood swings. I don't understand it.

RonaldMM

Boxer Pal
I have read this entire thread and feel like Buddy is still not "out of the woods" yet.

Always remember...
Buddy never asks for anything...(like kids do)
Buddy is always there for you, no matter your mood...
Buddy doesn't care how you look, just that you are there for him...
Buddy loves you unconditionally....
Buddy would NEVER want you to give up your bf............

You are the center of Buddy's world.........

Rocky's Ma

Completely Boxer Crazy
guyco said:
I have read this entire thread and feel like Buddy is still not "out of the woods" yet.

Always remember...
Buddy never asks for anything...(like kids do)
Buddy is always there for you, no matter your mood...
Buddy doesn't care how you look, just that you are there for him...
Buddy loves you unconditionally....
Buddy would NEVER want you to give up your bf............

You are the center of Buddy's world.........

Well said!

fayebay1969

Boxer Insane
I totally agree but there is so much more to this than that. I am stuck with nowhere to go. I can't afford to live alone and roommates are hard to come by. I live by the week as far as money goes also. So, I'm trying to stick it out where I am for both our sakes.

Kathee

Boxer Booster
poor buddy and poor you

I hope I miss understood .. are you only living with your BF because you cant afford to leave him?
He really REALLY wants you to "get rid of the dog" ? I'd make him get rid of the motor cycle instead or call Dr. Phill it sounds like this man is way to controling! He knows how much you love Buddy and he has no respect for that or for what makes you happy :( thats just wrong .. I'd start saving every dollar so I could get the hell out of that prison (with my dog) but thats just me ....

SophieboxerX

Boxer Buddy
fayebay1969 said:
Life shouldn't be this hard.

Believe me...life is full of speedbumps, turns and forks in the road and it honestly all does lay on your shoulders as to what road you take to get to your destination...even if it seems to be the wrong road at the time.
I just hope that you don't make a decision that you will regret later on in life!
I just recently became a "foster" home for another puppy because she was going through something similar....but the b/f was abusive to her and the pup. I was not going to let that happen to the innocent pup so I told her I would take care of her pup until she got out of the relationship, find a new place and get back on her feet. Well it took her a while to get the courage to leave the b/f...but long story short....the puppy now has a forever home and I feel great because I know that that is what the dog deserves.
I know that I don't know you but, I really feel like I know what you are going through...and the scary part is that Buddy looks exactly like my Sophie girl!...they could almost be twins. Dogs are just like children they depend on you for love, shelter, food and care. Whatever your decision please have Buddy's interests in mind...maybe try finding a "foster home" or someone with experience with boxers.

Lots and lots of 'wiggles' from SoPhIe and hopes that everything works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.