Elvis went to the bridge yesterday :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherimontez

Boxer Buddy
After a 13 month long battle with cancer and heart failure, we lost Gus and i sent him to the bridge almost 6 months ago today.

During that time, his brother Elvis (not littermate) became ill, and what we thought was cushings disease ...drinking tons of water, peeing everywhere, shivering, hairloss, etc. I now think was a tumor on his brain.

Over the course of 6 months I watched my baby deteriorate and lose 25 pounds....he was a little heavy at 65 but he basically stopped eating and drinking and I sustained him on canned food mixed with water for the last two months. He would circle around and get stuck in corners, or I would find him staring off into space. His head would bounce up and down and his eyes seemed to roll back in his head when he would look at you sometimes. He had 2 or 3 episodes of diarreah with blood in them, but he always recovered. Not this last time. My boy was 39.5 pounds when I sent him to the bridge yesterday at 230pm. I did everything I could to take care of him but he became almost a shell of a dog in the last week, sleeping most 23 hours of the day and so weak.

Now he can run free with Gus in heaven forever. We miss him terribly and they will be in our hearts forever. Please think of my boys and say a prayer for them both.

HurricaneBox

Boxer Insane
I am so sorry for your loss. That is such a tough decision to make, but you are an angel for letting him go from his suffering. I am sure Gus and Elvis are super happy running healthy and pain free at the Bridge. My thoughts and prayers are with you...

Roxanna

Boxer Insane
Sorry to hear about your loss of Elvis and Gus.

You had a rough past year, but you were "there" for both of your boys through the good, the bad, and the ugly. You could feel good about that. May time help you heal.

Also, the best advice my breeder gave me after losing my first Boxer, was to get another one right away. The new one never replaces what you've lost, but it does help soften the blow. You are a great boxer owner, from beginning to end, and the next pup will be lucky to have you as an owner.

Again, my condolences.

Holden's Mom

Boxer Insane
Oh, I am so sorry for your loss of Elvis, and for the loss of Gus. How quiet and empty your house must be; I know that feeling after losing Petey.
Your description of Elvis' symptoms sounds like Cushing's with a macrotumor, a fast growing tumor on the pituitary. It seems so unfair that these great dogs should suffer so much.

Know that Elvis is now heathly again, romping and playing with a healthy Gus, watching over you. Godspeed sweet Elvis.

Pam

HeatherLynnG

Super Boxer
I am so sorry for your loss - and know that you are in our prayers.

Run free sweet boxers....

Hugs -

Heather and the "kids"

Gruntsmom

Boxer Insane
Sheri, my heart sank when I logged on and saw your thread in the Rainbow Bridge forum. I am so very sorry that your Beloved Elvis is gone. He bravely fought a long and daunting battle with you by his side every step of the way. My heart aches for you as I know so well how much it hurt to see the life seeping out of him and him turning into a shell - I watched the same thing happen to my boy. Peace is theirs now.

My deepest sympathy goes to you. It's too much to imagine how hard it is for you, losing your two boys in such a short time. It is some comfort to know they are together now, not hurting anymore, but you must miss them terribly. I've lit two candles for Elvis and Gus, and think of my Grunt running at the Bridge with two very special BW Boxers. You are in my prayers. Hugs

Godspeed, Dear Elvis.

Status
Not open for further replies.