1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daisy'sDaddy... no longer

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Daisy'sDaddy, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Daisy'sDaddy

Daisy'sDaddy Boxer Buddy

Greetings everyone. Admittedly, it has taken me quite some time to come to an understanding of how profound the impact of losing my "fur-babies" would be. First Brutus and now my namesake Daisy, but I believe I am now ready to speak about how I feel and the immensely positive impact my dogs have had on my family. I lost my boy Brutus several years ago. While this feels like an eternity, his presence is still missed on a daily basis. Large for a boxer, he weighed in at over 98lbs at his healthiest, and every bit grown into the image of his name. He was big, bulky, a bull in a china shop, and just a slobbery and farty boxer mess :D. In 2018, we put my sweet girl Daisy to rest. She was my cuddlebug lapdog, who would follow you to the bitter-end without question. A certifiable genius and truly everything that is good and sought after in a canine companion. I am not sure why I resisted posting on the rainbow bridge until this point, but part of me says that I was not ready to move on. As stated in earlier posts, I relied on this site for information on ensuring my boxers were raised with the best I could provide for them, and for that I thank you all for your inputs. Frankly, I dont know how to end this post, except to say that it is with a heavy heart that I say goodbye and thank you. We gave our Daisy and our Brutus the best lives we possibly could, and I know that in my heart to be true. Apologies for the diatribe, but being that this could be my last post, I wanted to ensure I got it all out there, and wish you all the best.

2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand how difficult it is to talk about it. hugicon Godspeed Daisy! Run free at the Rainbow bridge.
    angeliconangeliconangelicon

3. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

No matter how long they are in our lives it is never long enough. Having lost my girl in Feb I know all to well the torment you experienced. I would love for BW to be what it once was with too many members to count and so many stories shared daily. Just because your babies are gone from this world please don't leave us! Stay and chat by sharing stories from your memories of them like I hope more of us can do as time allows. I miss this place and reading the experiences of others who have the same shared love of their babies as I have had of mine. From one broken heart to another I wish you peace.

4. joeys mom

joeys mom Boxer Insane

I lost my boy Joey almost 6 yrs ago, and am still not over it - never will be. I still cry at some memories that are so dear to me ... I now have another boxer in my life that I love just that same! Even during the time between losing one and gaining another I found comfort in visiting BW and reading the stories from familiar names and pics I had gotten to know over the years. I sill do though there is only a few of us at this time. I hope you someday find another fur baby to love and care for that will bring you back to the group lovecion

Cami likes this.
  5. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I don't think you ever get over losing a boxer. They so ingrain themselves into out lives, that you miss them so much. The pain will never go away. It will ease eventually and getting another boxer will help.

Cami likes this.
  6. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

Sorry for your losses. its so hard when these sweet dogs leave us. Hopefully you will come back later.