Counter Surfing - Are Boxers the Worst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELubas

Boxer Insane
Silly question, are you all talking about them just snatching what they can from ground level or are they actually getting ON the counters?

Actually on the counters :) Not that we ever allow that and strenuously discourage it :)

ZOE*BOXER

Boxer Insane
Oh my gosh. :eek: My husband would flip if he saw that. Flash is just tall enough to sniff the counters and that is not very appreciated. :LOL:

gmacleod

Elusive Moderator
Staff member
I will add to those who've never owned a boxer that has (ever) counter-surfed. So certainly an individual thing.

And if you DO have a dog that surfs (any breed) then you simply cannot leave food out there unattended ;) That's the bottom line on it.

pmari3

Completely Boxer Crazy
II once left an entire bag of McDonalds hamburgers ont he counter when I had to go back to the drivethru and he never even touched it.

The 8 yr old left his Wendy's cheeseburger unattended Friday night - guess who had cheeseburger for dinner :D

It was actually quite funny (son didn't think so) but when I walked in the kitchen there is Winston with the entire cheeseburger in his mouth and you could just see the rim of the sandwich sticking out beneath his wide spread jowls :LOL: He'll never let a cheeseburger out of his sight again ;) Fortunately dh was on his way home and was able to retrieve another burger for the boy.

pmari3

Completely Boxer Crazy
- I tell you he could whip the biscuit out your hand without you noticing :)

My SIL's cocker could do this....he took the sandwich right out of my daughter's hand one day in the blink of an eye! smashicon

Now when he visits he gets gated out of the kitchen at meal time...come to think of it, I think I might have to break that gate out for my little darling ;)

Boomer'sPapa

Super Boxer
Boomer did this all the time for the first month and a half we were together. Had to buy a new set of dishes and pay for a professional carpet cleaning while we stayed in a Studio 6.

Cheers.

tab_b

Boxer Insane
The worst counter-surfer we ever had was, astoundingly enough, a Corgi. She'd PUSH A CHAIR to get up there, I kid you not. What a little creep she was. ;)

I'm hoping that we'll have a non-counter surfer when Cash gets home. Although, with three kitties here, we're pretty good about not leaving anything out anyway. :)

tatum

Super Boxer
Tatum is the king!!! I try so hard to keep things out of reach but with two small kids that put things up there also-its almost impossible. Speaking of buns, I came home from the grocery the other day to unpack the bags and left hamburger buns on the counter for 2 secs and poof their gone and all but one are in his belly! Zoey (our lab) has NEVER put her paws on the counter. I just try to keep things out of reach and if he gets something its my fault!!

K_J's Dad

Boxer Insane
Kilbane has never surfed, yet. Jazzy on the other hand will surf if she thinks she'll get the cat dish. Jack, Step-sons pitbull, will surf also. One time Jack took half a steak when I putting some trash on the porch, which was when I knew I had to watch his sneaky little a$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.