Braiten has come a long way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChloeBraiten

Boxer Pal
Hello, I recently rescued a 3 month old Boxer puppy. I saved him from one of the highest kill shelters in California- San Bernadino City Shelter. They euthanize hundreds of dogs(even purebreds) every month. I saw a picture of my little guy, and I instantly fell in love. However, when I went to go pick him up from the shelter, he was far worse than I expected. My poor little guy was skinny at only 14lbs at 3 months, was covered in ticks, had kennel cough, tested positive for Coccidia, had worms, and scabs all over him. I took this boy on, because I knew from that moment on, he was in good hands. The vet removed most of the ticks, gave him medicine for the Coccidia, and de-wormed him. In 3 weeks my boy, whom I've named Braiten, DOUBLED his weight. He now weighs in at 28lbs at 4 months old. He's going to be a big boy! He is healthy and the scabs are all gone. He does have damaged hair follicles from where the ticks bit him that are very noticeable, but I think it makes him that much more special. My 3 year old Boxer Chloe LOVES him. For all of those who also chose to rescue their Boxer, God bless you! There are so many purebred Boxers that get killed at the SBC shelter.

My skinny little boy BEFORE:
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

My healthy little boy after, and with my other Boxer:
(notice the long discolored fluffs of hair under his arm and behind his back legs)

Last edited:

Holden's Mom

Boxer Insane
Braiten is as cute as he can be. And your Chloe is a real looker too. Thanks for saving this little guy.

Pam and Doug

DebbieJen

Completely Boxer Crazy
Thank you for rescuing Braiten from the rescue. The initial picture of him so underweight reminds me so much of what Layla looked like when me initially adopted her.

Status
Not open for further replies.