Boxers are apparently the worst breed to own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie's Mom

Completely Boxer Crazy
Maybe she was speaking from a health point of view?

I have heard that boxers are not one of the healthier dog breeds.

My mom once told a bank teller about the new puppy (Louie) and the teller asked what breed - as soon as my mom said "boxer" the teller says . . .

Arn't they the dumbest dogs, my friend has two and they are very stupid - That woman had better count her lucky stars that I was not there.

How incredibly rude!!

My mom just replied " Actually, no they arn't - Our dog is very intelligent - The stupidity must lie with the people around them."

Nemeia

Boxer Booster
My mom just replied " Actually, no they arn't - Our dog is very intelligent - The stupidity must lie with the people around them."

Haha! Love it!!!
A lot of people around here mistake Max for a pitbull which drives me up the wall... Since pitbulls are banned in Ontario I get a lot of rude and stupid comments. I never say anything though... I just smirk and walk away. Why would I want to get into a conversation with someone who can't tell the difference between a pitbull and a boxer?

Indy's mom

Boxer Insane
Oh it's true, you hear it all. Even from my own friends and family, they say Indy's not brilliant, generally they say this after he's just crashed into a wall so that makes it hard to argue :LOL:. He's ugly, well maybe from their point of view, but my family aren't all known for looks either. But they all adore him, so I take it with the love that I assume it is meant with. As for strangers, they don't know him, so they have no idea. They don't know him, I would like to correct the impression with a well behaved dog whenever possible.

As for those who can't tell one breed from another, they truly are ignorant, and the only way that can be fixed is by education. If I don't have the patience for that I try to grin and walk away. As patience is often not my long suit, the grinning and walking away is.

I figure the best we can do is share these wonderful clowns with as many folks as possible. Correct the wrong impression whenever it is possible and avoid out and out fights, doesn't help and often makes things worse.

Last edited:

catcrazy56

Boxer Insane
I think Boxers can be silly sometimes thats part of their personality the biggest comment I get from idiots is "arent they really hyper my friend had one and it was really hyper" which I reply Boxer puppies are high energy and need lots of exercise they like to run fast outside and get excited. This is not hyper. I did get an idiot at my sisters house the first time I saw him say oh you have boxer's they are the most viscious breed I know some one that has two and they attack everyone my sister said not boxers and he looked at my dogs and said come to think of it yours are really small well I looked at him and said Harley is the biggest boxer I have ever seen you must have the wrong breed and he said I guess I do, because your dogs are nice.

Dh did ask this lady a question about Foremans eye if it was possible that a skunk can permenantly blind him thats how the conversation started but I don't think she was talking about the health issues I think it was about boxers in general.

LANDANO77

Super Boxer
I almost want to type up a pamplet sometimes with some info about boxers and keep one in my purse to hand out when people get ignorant on me..lol.. That would blow them away..lol..

RachS

Super Boxer
All i know is Tyler is my first boxer and I'll never own another breed. That shows how horrible i think they are ; )

furrykidmom

Completely Boxer Crazy
Maybe she was speaking from a health point of view?

I have heard that boxers are not one of the healthier dog breeds."

Agreed. When we lost Tigger, my vet friend asked why we would get another Boxer when we know all the heartache and expenses that go with the breed. I will not deny that he is right but after owning a Boxer I cannot imagine owning any other breed.

I told him that until he has been touched by personal experience of being owned by the breed he would never understand.

On another note-- I worked vet medicine many many moons ago. I would never own a Chow, Cocker Spaniel, or Chihauhau. They were some of the meanest breeds that I ever worked with. From a medical standpoint, I would never own a Shar-pei or Cocker Spaniel. I am sure that there are others that would not agree with me and that is fine. These are my personal experiences.

DetroitBoxer

Boxer Booster
Did this lady ever tell your husband why she thinks that boxers are the worst breed to own or did she just say that she has bad "stories" about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.