Balls!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Widges

Completely Boxer Crazy
Hi,

Billy loves playing with soccer balls, footballs, baseballs - you get the idea. Can anyone suggest some really tough, durable balls, he goes through so many and gets really disappointed when he puts his teeth through them & they deflate!!! You can almost see the thought bubble above his head 'Oh shoot - no more fun till they buy me another one'.

Any ideas?

catcrazy56

Boxer Insane
There is a Jolly ball that is supposed to be tough I have yet to get one I tried to order through a pet store near by but am afraid I will have to go the internet route. I think they have them for horses so they must be tough.

Gronar

Boxer Booster
Jolly balls are good, but it only last 2 weeks. I had it tied to a tree branch on a rope, Toots bit right THROUGH the handle on it, then popped it! She still likes to toss it around though.

Widges

Completely Boxer Crazy
Jolly balls are good, but it only last 2 weeks. I had it tied to a tree branch on a rope, Toots bit right THROUGH the handle on it, then popped it! She still likes to toss it around though.

2 weeks is alot better than the 10 minutes we are used to. Will be looking on the internet to order one - will keep you all updated on how well it does.

crowpete

Boxer Insane
I would love to find a ball that last also. Darby is the same way... Hers only last a few mins. I hope someone has some good ideas :)

Chancejesi

Super Boxer
We bought Chance a football at Wal-Mart for $10.00 and so far we have had it about a year. My boyfriend thinks the only reason it has lasted this long is because he let like half the air out when we got it. Not sure if this helps, but I know Chance loves his footbal :)

boxersrbest

Boxer Booster
Jolly balls are cheaper at tack shops than pet stores. Also, the larger the size (Quincy had the huge purple one), the stronger they are. The handle is the weakest point but even with holes chewed in it, it remained Quincy's fav toy. It will continue to self -inflate even after being punctured.

Gruntsmom

Boxer Insane
I don't know if this will work for you, but have you tried the stuffed toy type balls? Grunt has every single stuffed ball from since he was a little puppy and he is now 4 years old. He has a collection of footballs, soccer balls, basketballs, mutlicolored balls, in various sizes, all stuffed that he has not ripped apart. A regular stuffed animal or toy will not last 20 minutes if that long. For some reason, he hasn't destroyed any of his stuffed balls, and he plays with them all the time.

JoRoJoRy

Boxer Booster
We have found tennis balls to last the longest for the money. We use to have a rottie that would chew the outer fabric off in less than a day. Rocky doesn't seem to be as aggresive with it. It also helps that we live within a block of an outdoor public tennis court. We are always finding the ones left behind :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.