Back after 10 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

apatters

Boxer Pal
I was a member a looooong time ago - beginning in 1998 or maybe even late 1997 to be exact. That's when we were looking at possibly getting a boxer....well we did, and the rest, as they say, is history. We got Pepper - a beautiful brindle girl in April of 1998. Since then we have moved three times, had a baby (now almost 9 years old!) and got a second dog - a Goldendoodle named Meeka....we also recently had to have Pepper put down. After a long and courageous battle with thyroid cancer, it finally got the better of her - she was 11 years old.

Anyway, after three months without a Boxer in the house, we have started looking again, and we have found (I hope) the perfect dog for us in a rescue about an hour away (we're meeting her on Friday!) She's 8 months old - I hope I'm not forgetting how crazy a young Boxer can be! It's amazing how much you miss a Boxer and all things Boxer when you don't have one around to appreciate! I figured now was a great time to get back on the board!

Looking forward to hearing all about your dogs, and sharing our adoption story as well!

Alison

apatters

Boxer Pal
What part of PA are you from?[/QUOTE]

We're west of Lewisburg; about an hour north of Harrisburg.

GDOGS1

Boxer Insane
Welcome back to BW from myself and GDOGS from the flatlands of Nebraska

MoM & DaD of GDOGS 8/18/05 Brindle,Docked,Floppy and full of Zest

NJBoxermom

Boxer Booster
Welcome Back :)

I recently returned as well. We currently have 1 10 yr old boxergirl, and will be adding a boxerboy next month :)

Jpep

Super Boxer
wow I haven't been here in over a year myself glad your back and glad I'm back

xenaprincess

Boxer Insane
welcomeicon Welcome back! Congratulations on your decision to rescue! Hope all goes well on Friday for you and the boxer baby!
Much the same here too...been off the boards for awhile...had to put my Xena girl down too after her courageous battle with cancer (she was 12), and now am owned by 2yr old Oscar as of April 25/09! I tell ya...once you go boxer, you're always boxer! We welcome the madness! :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.