1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Site features' started by Boxerworld, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Boxerworld

Boxerworld BW owner Staff Member

If you do not have an avatar yet but already have a gallery, it is very easy to have an avatar. Simply choose a photo. Just above the photo you can see many icons. Click the first one from the left. Then confirm you want to have it as avatar and that's it :)

athlon.jpg

2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I will have to try that! Now that the avatar's are a little bigger, my picture looks a little out of focus.

3. Boxerworld

Yes, it looks it is now 96x96 pixels. I think we used to have 80x80. That avatar feature works quite well :)
    Still writing down all the things that need some explanation for the help section.

4. Matt

Matt The Help! Staff Member

When the avatars are generated, there are 3 different sizes generated, because they are used in different sections of the site.

From the account menu:

upload_2014-10-10_20-12-39.png

The recommended minimum size of image to be uploaded is 200x200 pixels, and then it's scaled down to fit.
    You can also move / slide the custom avatar around to have it in the optimum position for the smaller versions. You'll get a larger version in the account section of your profile.

5. TysonCheeto

TysonCheeto Completely Boxer Crazy

I'll have to look at this on a regular computer...because Jan on my smartphone your avatar looks completely normal and everybody's looks the same size!!!

6. Boxerworld

Click the Watch media text above the photo if you want to add it to your "favourite" photos. It is the equivalent of the "favourites" we used to have with the previous gallery software.
    Still some bugs to fix before allowing new members.