Any one from Minnesota?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goolia83

Boxer Booster
abbey_eisma said:
Thats great that you are going to be down here for the Renaissance Festival. I have never been to it, but I heard its a great time. We should definately meet up for a playdate!!

I'll make a new thred when it gets closer and we can make plans!

Goolia83

Boxer Booster
betsyjean said:
well, got a townhouse in new brighton, mn yesterday! i will be down there officially beginning of the second week in february. what do you think about thursday the 9th for a dog park day? i know you said thurs, fri, and sats work better for you, so just thought i'd throw a day out there...i'll be back in fargo that first weekend. and is it the battle creek dog park that you go to and has the boxer regulars? let me know what you think! hopefully it will be warm...

Thursday the 9th of Feb. would be great! New Brighten is about 15 minutes from my house and there are dog parks that are more in the middle. Rice Creek(shoreview) or woodview(Roseville) But I haven't been to either of them. My aunt said that Rice Creek is very nice, maybe I can check it out this weekend!
I don't work on Thursdays, but I also don't go to sleep until Thursday 5am when I get off of work, so anytime after 2pm and before sunset would be great!

Today at the park Roxy made friends with the biggest dog there (Ridgeback/lab mix or something) Really tall and 120+lbs. She was boxing with it and running circles around it, and they were chasing eachother!! It was SO cute! Most of the dogs that we've met at Battle Creek are very good with her there have only been 2 or 3 dogs that didn't like puppies in general.

So just let me know what park you prefer (see map) and what time. I'm SO excited!!

betsyjean

Boxer Booster
Wow I just saw on the website that there is a dog beach! I'm definately going there this summer!! :)

Anyways, anytime after 2pm is fine...I know about working nights (I'm a nurse). I'm not quite sure which park would be closest for both of us to go to...since you know the area better, how about you pick one :) Or we could just go to the one you usually go to, since you like it and there are usually dogs there. Has it been warm enough for you to stay a reasonable amount of time?

I'm suprised no one else from the Twin Cities has seen this and posted! Anyone else want to come??!?!?

Goolia83

Boxer Booster
Ok, We will go to the one by me (since I know a lot of the regular dogs are nice)
So, Battle Creek in Maplewood at 2pm on Thursday, February 9th.

Today we were there for 2 hours and it was so warm I had to take my jacket off! When it's really cold we only stay 30 minutes and I put a sweater on Roxy. I don't even bother going if it's too cold or windy, and I usually wait until the late afternoon on colder days because the high of the day is around 3pm.

How much does Harley weigh? I will know tomorrow what Roxy is after the vet.

See ya!

betsyjean

Boxer Booster
I just weighed him yesterday and he is 28 pounds. He was born October 3rd. He's getting so big!! He is gonna be sooo excited to go to the dog park, he just loves to play...with anyone.

See you soon, and if anyone else would like to join us...it'll be a good time!

TKOlson

Boxer Booster
Northern Suburbs-Minnesota

Im a freq. visitor of the Elm Creek dog park in Champlin, we usually see 3-6 boxers a week during the summer time. There's also a group of about 35 boxer owners that meet on the first Saturday of every month in the New Brighton area. Not all 35 join in at one time, usually 5-6 show up but with the snow melting and the weather warming up im sure more and more will be gathering in the coming months.

TKOlson

Boxer Booster
Arden Hills (sorry it's not New Brighton)

Here's the invite i received, so far only 4 people and about 8 boxers are attending. Im hoping to attend but my boxers dont have much fun in the cold so depends on the weather too i have a special needs foster (white/deaf)with me and i'll feel a bit quilty having to leave her behind.

When: Saturday, February 4 at 1:00PM
Where: Perry Park
3700 New Brighton Road (South of Hwy 694 and East of Hwy 35W)
Arden Hills MN 55112

Rosieren

Boxer Buddy
Hi, thanks for the invite to Perry Park. I have never been to a dog park before but that one is not too far for me (I'm about 10 minutes north of Blaine). I will most likely be able to bring Rocky if it doesn't get too cold by then. He just turned 5 months and plays really well with all kinds of other dogs. I will post a day or two before that saturday to say for sure if we will go. Hope to see you there!

betsyjean

Boxer Booster
Darn I will be in Fargo for a wedding on the 4th! 8 boxers, that sounds like fun :) Oh well, hopefully next time!

Champster

Boxer Booster
Hi ... I just saw this thread. I have tried to meet at these before, but we don't live very close to any of the parks, and I am afraid to take Champ to one that is not fenced so I have never actually made it to any of the playdates! I would love to get him together though to play with other boxers! I have taken him to a park once and I worry a little too much about how he will be with other dogs, I am always a little hesitant to take him. Rosieren, where are you located? We are in Ham Lake, also about 10 minutes north of Blaine. Champs is 1.5 years old and about 55 lbs. I'll keep reading the post and hopefully we'll be able to make it one of these times!!

Status
Not open for further replies.