Any one from Minnesota?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goolia83

Boxer Booster
I am a new boxer owner and looking for some friends for my Roxy! She is only 16 weeks old, but LOVES adult dogs and other puppies. We went to Battle Creek Off Leash park in Maplewood / St. Paul today and it was a blast! Anyone who would be interested in meeting at a park in the cities, just let me know! I think we'll be new regulars!

Julie

Goolia83

Boxer Booster
Well, me and Roxy are going to go to Battle Creek Dog Park this Thursday at noon. If anyone peeking at this wants to show up that would be great!

Last Friday we were there in the afternoon and there were over 30 dogs playing and running around! She was the only boxer, but I don't think she cared! It was A LOT quieter on Thursday, only 4 other dogs. We'll probably be going every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from now on, so if anyone wants to set up a certain time, just let me know!

betsyjean

Boxer Booster
Hi! Me and Harley will be moving to the twin cities area Feb. 1 and I would love to know where the dog parks are! Where exactly is the Battle Creek Dog Park? Are there any others that you know of?? I'm sure we will frequent them often once we move out there! :) Harley will be new to a dog park, he is 3.5 months!

Goolia83

Boxer Booster
I'm so excited to hear that you are moving here! Roxy will be 4 months old on Friday(She was born September 24th), so they are really close in age! It will be so cute to see them play!
Here is a link to the dog parks in the twin cities area.
http://www.dogromp.org/dogparks/dogparkmap/Default.asp
I live very close to the Battle Creek Park, but I don't mind driving accross town.
Thursday days, Fridays, and Saturdays work best for us!

betsyjean

Boxer Booster
Thanks for the link! Not sure what part of the twin cities I will be living in yet, I have yet to find an apartment, hopefully the northern suburbs. But I will keep you updated and we will have to meet at a dog park asap!

Goolia83

Boxer Booster
If you need any suggestions on areas or even apartments just let me know. I know the twin cities really well. I have a lot of friends on the north side of the cities too. Here is a good site to look - http://www.rent411.com

Also, I was looking at February when I said Roxy would be 4 months on Friday... She is exactly 4 months old today!

We are looking at starting puppy classes on March 2nd. Here is a link - http://www.trdogs.com It will be a little bit of a drive (30min), but it's worth it for this school. Maybe we could even do puppy school together! I could just see the 2 boxers in the back being class clowns! :)

Oh - there were 2 2year old boxers at the park on Saturday! They were so well behaved and beautiful! They are regulars, so they are potential playmates for when ours get bigger!

Hope everything works out well with the move!

abbey_eisma

Boxer Buddy
Hey how close are you guys to SD?? It would be great to meet in the middle sometime and let our babies play!! I'm only 20 min from the MN border!

Goolia83

Boxer Booster
abbey_eisma said:
Hey how close are you guys to SD?? It would be great to meet in the middle sometime and let our babies play!! I'm only 20 min from the MN border!

It depends on where you are. Here is a mapquest from Saint Paul, MN to Sioux Falls, SD. http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...2v=CITY&2n=&2pn=&2a=&2c=Sioux+Falls&2s=SD&2z=

It's about 4 hours. I am going to be going there in June for the Sioux Land Renaissance Festival. We also go to Omaha, Nebraska and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Roxy will be going with us to all of these! You can bring dogs to most festivals.

I'm not sure where a good place in the middle would be, I don't know that area very well. Maybe you could even road trip up here some time! There are a ton of dog parks and the Twin Cities is a lot of fun!! I love living here!!!

I'm sure we could work something out!

betsyjean

Boxer Booster
well, got a townhouse in new brighton, mn yesterday! i will be down there officially beginning of the second week in february. what do you think about thursday the 9th for a dog park day? i know you said thurs, fri, and sats work better for you, so just thought i'd throw a day out there...i'll be back in fargo that first weekend. and is it the battle creek dog park that you go to and has the boxer regulars? let me know what you think! hopefully it will be warm...

abbey_eisma

Boxer Buddy
Thats great that you are going to be down here for the Renaissance Festival. I have never been to it, but I heard its a great time. We should definately meet up for a playdate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.