6 week old boxer pup

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkboxer

Boxer Pal
Good morning all,

We recently took in a 6 week old boxer pup, which I know is too young to be seperated from littermates and the mother, but due to poor conditions we decided we would take on the challenge. We also have a 1 1/2 year old boxer/pit mix that has welcomed the pup in to his home.

I just have a few questions:
What special needs will the puppy need at this young age?
Should crate training start immediately?
We were told he had one booster shot and a deworm yesterday, but stools do have close to 4 inch worms in them. Is this good or bad?

Feel free to leave any comments and suggestions, as they would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

DebbieJen

Completely Boxer Crazy
I know when we brought Layla home at 8.5 months old she had whipworm. We immediatly took her to the vet and she was put on medication for several weeks. After about 3 weeks we received a negative test indicating the worms were gone.

Sorry I don't have any valuable input regarding your other questions but I am sure someone on here will be able to help.

joannaryan

Boxer Insane
When we first got Toby we immediatley started the kennel training and he too was young when we got him and he did really well with the kennel and still loves it. As far as the worming goes, it sounds as though he was wormed and the medicantion is klling the worms and it will be in his stools until they have all been expelled. Good luck with your new furkid :)

Status
Not open for further replies.