1000 give me a break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zannie

Completely Boxer Crazy
a man walked in my store yesterday with a cute puppy a bishon ,here it was a bishon poodle mix he paid 1000 for it at a pet store he said i didnt even get papers with her and i was well mixed breed dogs don't have papers and he said she's not a mixed breed and i told him how its a shame people are making alot of money on mixes the only good thing is he is gonna spay her.............................

ann

luvfritz

Boxer Pal
My bichon came from a Rescue for a donation of $150. Apparently the original owners paid a small fortune for him also. Pet stores sell these dogs at these high prices claiming they are perfect for dog allergic people and that's why they think they can justify outrageous prices. The reality is that there is a small percentage of people that are still allergic to bichon/poodles and many other "non-allergic, non shedding" dogs. The people don't discover this until they get the dog home. They keep sneezing and say "oh, it can't be the dog" - that's when a few months later the dog comes into rescue. Then there's that whole group that think they have some "rare" dog, which is really a mongrel at any price!!

Barb

SammynDqtz

Boxer Insane
$1000!!!!! WOW! And for a mixed breed yet!?! :eek:
My purebred registered and pedigreed Bichon Frise was only $600.00 ........... She came from respected and dedicated breeders; very involved with the Bichon and the Bichon Club.
I just have a hard time believing how dumb people can be! :rolleyes: They could have had a great(purebred) Bichon(from a loving, dedicated breeder)... for a lot less. All these money hungry ''breeders'' make me sick! smashicon :mad:

Zannie

Completely Boxer Crazy
i agree money hungry is right and at a very high price for those poor dogs that are in crates stacked up up on each other and being bred over and over not ever feeling love or running outside it makes me sick i wonder if there will ever be a day when it wont be like that.................................

ann

Status
Not open for further replies.