1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woohoo!

Discussion in 'Books' started by daisysmomx, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daisysmomx

daisysmomx Boxer Buddy

Just bought For the love of a Dog and The other end of the leash..

I'm Going to read for the love of a dog first..cant wait! WooWooWooooo! (as Riley would say ) :)

2. larrygs

larrygs Super Boxer

Have read them both. Really fascinating and highly recommended!

I wish all dog owners would read more or at least get trained. I just cringe when I see dogs being mishandled or abused.

Enjoy!

3. daisysmomx

daisysmomx Boxer Buddy

Tell me about it..it's especially hard for me at the dog park to bite my tongue sometimes!

Also..did anyone else find themselves yawning uncontrollably around page 56 when she starts talking about it alot...WEIRD!

4. Bufords Pop

Bufords Pop Boxer Buddy

Boy, tell me about it!!!! I'm in discussion with another boxer owner who swears dogs understand language.. This is a good person, and dog owner, but what scares me is the people that aren't good dog owners believing this.. We've all seen them- shouting commands for behaviors they've never taught at their dogs.. They think the dog actually understands what "Get over here"- or "knock it off" means.. Then when the dog doesn't know what the heck they want from them they label him "stoopid" & either proceed to dole out punishment because "the dumb dog won't listen" or take him to the shelter & get themselves "an intelligent" dog.. Frustrating.. I think this annual listing of the "Most intelligent breeds" fosters this myth in peoples minds... Wish they'd do away with that thing.. Anyway, I'm rambling..

Of the two books mentioned here which would you recommend I read first?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.