Winston The tallest Boxer We have evar had

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmine D

Boxer Pal
Winston is 31 months and measures 31.5 inches at the withers.He weighs 80 lbs.Our vet says he is a boxer but he is unusually large. He measures 35" around the girth of his rib cage.
His ribs show , which means he is the proper weight. His bone structure resembles that
of a great dane. Has anyone ever seen or heard of a Boxer this size.We tried to research his pedigree thru the Micro Chip emplanted in his ear but it only led us to a breeder in missouri who went out of buisness.
Thanks

HurricaneBox

Boxer Insane
Its very possible he is a Dane mix. Danes and boxers are very similar in structure, and I have seen Dane/Boxer mixes that I could have sworn were huge pure Boxers as well as some that looked like very small Danes. And many unsavory breeders will sell mixes as purebreeds...

Another thought is that some boxer breeders (again in the unsavory category) do intentionally breed their boxers larger and larger. You might have just gotten your hands on one of them. I have heard of boxers reaching above 100 lbs, pure boxer, just very very poorly bred.

Either way, I'm sure you have a wonderful boy on your hands, and I LOVE the name Winston! :) How did you come up with it?

ehayes21

Boxer Insane
Rowdy tops out at 30.5 inches and is 65 pounds - he's well bred, just very tall and lanky. For him, I think he gets his height from a combination of his lineage and neutering him too early. JMHO, of course.

MyMike

Boxer Pal
wow

That sounds like a giant - but I doubt it's a cross...
But the Dane/Boxer mixes I've seen never really have had the face of the boxer. But I have hardly seen three of those.

Mike I guess is a little tall too for his age. About 23". He is 11 months old.

Could you tell me how tall Winston and Rowdy were at that age? I haven't neutered him yet, but would this affect height per se?

And Winston's a great name - and somehow sounds just perfect for his appearance!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.