1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the worst part about having Boxers?

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by bxrbgood, Oct 18, 2020.

1. bxrbgood

bxrbgood Boxer Insane

Of coarse it's when they leave us :( We've had a bad year. Lily left us in April and Diezel left in Sept. The last 10 days he was blind from brain tumors. He didn't want to go. His little body just couldn't fight any longer. He sat on my lap when he could no longer even walk, until he passed. He was looking up at me, not seeing but feeling my breath on his nose and hearing me tell him what a good boy he was. He wanted to be with me, his dad.
    Lily had a long slow decline from DM. It's a terrible disease. They loose the thing they can do best, run. She went from leader of the pack to being totally dependent. But she knew we loved her. She passed sitting on her daddy's lap too.
    Ginger has out lived 3 of her boxer family now. She is lonely but we give her lots of attention and spoiling. She'll be 11 next month, November 20.

2. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

I find myself grieving the loss of Halen who is only 15 months! Losing my other 2 girls at ages 6 and 8 have nearly killed me. It never gets easier and as they age we tend to take a deep breath and don't seem to be able to let it go. Happy early birthday to Ginger!

bxrbgood likes this.
  3. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I am so sorry you have had such a bad year. It must be terrible to lose two so close together. They are now both running free at the Rainbow Bridge, together again. God speed.. angeliconangeliconangelicon

bxrbgood likes this.
  4. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I am so sorry for the loss of both your pups. I don't know if I could survive losing 2 in the same year. It's been a year since Arabella passed, and I am still recovering from that.

bxrbgood likes this.