We bought an RV, now what?

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
Ok so for my birthday, anniversary, and Valentine's all rolled into one, (They are all within 3 weeks) my sweet hubby got me, ok us, an RV. I am trying to learn as much as I can before going out in it. I have watched countless videos on how to set up and maintain it. Now I am looking for practical and helpful hints. We will be taking the dogs with us. So anything helpful to keep them calm would be great. I know hiking should wear them out. I am hoping to make Skully my hiking buddy. Arabella was, but her arthritis is getting too bad for too long of walks, which matches well with my hubby and his arthritic back. Our first trip is going to be a short one at a nearby state park. A trial run if you will. So any campers out there with some suggestions?

Roge

Boxer Insane
Sounds great Pam but sorry I'm of no help but I'm looking forward to hearing of the adventures:)

bxrbgood

Boxer Insane
How long is it? Can you make a bed for them where they can look out the window? We fold down the table into a bed and all three of ours lay there while we're traveling. From the bed they can see us, look out the front window or the side window. They love it now. They were wary at first.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I used to travel a lot with my Dad and Markus in a small RV. He was a great traveller and would curl up between the front seats. Make sure that you have a long leash, for each of them, so that they can be tied up outside, as they won't be allowed to off leash in any park that I was in. :)

You will have a wonderful time.

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
How long is it? Can you make a bed for them where they can look out the window? We fold down the table into a bed and all three of ours lay there while we're traveling. From the bed they can see us, look out the front window or the side window. They love it now. They were wary at first.
It is 27 ft. long. It has a sofa in a slide out where others have the table. (Table is stowed when driving.) So the dogs will be seat belted in on that. I guess I should get the tie downs. I have temporary fencing leftover from when we first moved I was planning on using, but tiedowns will definitely take up less space. Thanks.