Waking up our son. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxer17

Boxer Booster
Okay since we have had Chops we have not been able to sleep in. Not that our four year old lets us sleep in much anyway...but since Chops it is even less.

As soon as Chops hears our son stir (even a bit) he is in his room...on is bed...licking him! Oh the butt wiggles! Who could sleep through all of this and who would want to? Time to PLAY!! :)

It is so cute but sleeping in until 7.30 am would be great! :)

iluvfrankie

Completely Boxer Crazy
My girl is like that when my niece comes to stay! Katie asks 'Is it time to get up' and Franks who is in a different room in under the covers can hear her!! The ears are up and the tail is wagging!!! Straight to the door to start the madness!!

Ps. i love the name Chops i was saving it for me male boy (when i get him) and my friend 'stole' it for her boy. cool2icon

TwoDogs

Boxer Insane
As soon as Chops hears our son stir (even a bit) he is in his room...on is bed...licking him! Oh the butt wiggles! Who could sleep through all of this and who would want to? Time to PLAY!! :)

It is so cute but sleeping in until 7.30 am would be great! :)

How about closing the door to your son's room? Or, if Chops sleeps in your room, and you want to leave the doors open, put a baby gate at your door to keep him in with you.

Mesquite

Boxer Booster
How comforting to know others are having this issue as well. I don't get near as much sleep since we got Jake. We've nearly got him to the point where he understands that you have to wait for the alarm to go off before it's time to get up. But I'm such a light sleeper that I hear him moving around well before then. And he doesn't get the concept of letting us sleep in on the weekends. I know this will change as he gets older.

Widges

Completely Boxer Crazy
We actually encourage Billy to wake my almost-teenage daughter up. If Billy wakes her she jumps out of bed as is VERY happy to see him. If either DH or myself go in, we get huffy, puffy teenage girl for the day!!! So Billy waking her up works for us. :))

boxer17

Boxer Booster
I am pretty good at getting up nowadays! We can't close the door to our son's room...he is only 4...and this seems to really scare him and as for the baby gate....I think Chops would just jump it. So all in all it is okay! :)

Quote:
iluvfrankie

Ps. i love the name Chops i was saving it for me male boy (when i get him) and my friend 'stole' it for her boy.

We picked this name becuase he has the cutest smouchy face! And our son could say it! The rescue had named him Glacier (he is white) and our son couldn't really say it.

Thought this thread would be neat and I would get to hear from all the others who are awakened by their boxers. :)

DiverDiva

Boxer Insane
... We can't close the door to our son's room...he is only 4...and this seems to really scare him and as for the baby gate....I think Chops would just jump it...

Some dogs jump gates and some don't. Even Mali, who can spring a 4' fence from a stanstill, has learned she must not jump the gates and ring barriers at our training facility.

My Boxer

Boxer Insane
Ahhh, there is nothing like waking up to those soulful brown eyes, and mushy face 1" from your face! Feeling their breath on you. Once your eyes open, it's all over, and the wake up kisses and wiggles begin!

RileyandMax

Boxer Buddy
Yeah... we have this issue as well.

Our boxer puppy (5+ months) and our other dog sleep in our room. While our other dog sleeps like a slug, our boxer lately seems to enjoy getting up and roaming around in the middle of the night. He likes to go into my 2 year old's room and jump against his crib and wake him up.

We have started shutting our door to keep him in, but we really need to just get a gate for our bedroom so we can keep our door open.

Status
Not open for further replies.