Twitching and grinding teeth when sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiavila

Boxer Pal
I have a 9 week old male puppy. My wife and I noticed when the puppy is sleeping he twitches and sometimes starts to grind his teeth. Has anyone seen this??

Thanks

HurricaneBox

Boxer Insane
I've never seen a pup grind their teeth before, but Hurricane dreams all the time! He will twitch, "run", bark, growl, whine, he used to act like he was nursing when he was younger, hasn't done that in a while though. Every dog I have ever had dreams like that. It sounds like that is what your pup is doing. Like I said, I have never had experience with the teeth grinding, but as long as he doesn't seem to have any ill effects from it (sensitive teeth, trouble eating, etc) I wouldn't really worry about it. It is normal, in my experience! :)

By the way, he is adorable!

lucasmum

Boxer Booster
I agree, totally normal, some dream and twitch more than others. I remember when I had my first pup, he was twitching and yelping, he frightened the life out of me, I thought he was having a fit or something! My last one hardly ever did it, now Luca does it quite a lot, also he sometimes sleeps with his tongue sticking right out, he looks so funny!

kiavila

Boxer Pal
Thanks

Thank you for your feedback. It's nice to hear that other people have had similar experiences and that we shouldn't worry about it so much.

Diesel Dog

Boxer Booster
I would say its pretty normal as well. I know I've heard Diesel grinding his teeth, and twiching, barking, running in his sleep.

LucNesbitt

Super Boxer
Moab twitches, blows bubbles, growls, runs, yips and makes all kinds of noises in his sleep. Like someone else said, I wouldn't worry about it unless you see his teeth getting sore or has difficulty chewing. Plus, these are his baby teeth still so even if there was damage to them, they'll be replaced soon.

Chiefsmom

Boxer Insane
Chief twitches like crazy! His eye-lids flutter, his lips flap, and he makes noises similar to the three stooges! :LOL: I'm not sure that I've heard teeth grinding yet, though! But I'm not sure that it's anything to worry about!

elindave

Completely Boxer Crazy
Nikita did the same in the beginning. Now she's moved on to snoring!!! :)

Eli
Nikita (Aug 28 07) fawn, floppy, docked

CA Boxer Dad

Boxer Buddy
Maximus ginds his teeth while asleep . It makes me cringe , sometimes I nudge him to make him stop . He also does the other crazy stuff like snorting, whimpering , flailing his legs , twitching etc .

gypsyrose

Boxer Pal
My 3 yr old female has just started grinding her teeth, mostly in the evening when she is relaxing...she'll smack her lips then grind her teeth...only started this behavior recently and I am a little concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.