1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turmeric Paste / Cannabis Oil for MCT

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by luvmybxrs, Jul 19, 2015.

1. luvmybxrs

luvmybxrs Boxer Buddy

So my youngest baby was diagnosed with MCT this past week and we are waiting on an appointment with Texas a & m - if it takes too long well we will seek another oncologist but I've been told they are great. It's a long drive but if it's worth it I'll do it.
    I'm looking into alternative / natural therapies as well as traditional. He will be having surgery to remove a toe and part of his ear. We will just do a little more testing first such as labs and probably an ultrasound.
    I was wondering if anyone here had tried using turmeric paste and or cannabis oil for treating their pets cancer, specifically MCT. It's legal here in Texas as of June and I've seen a few posts / fb pages about the use of it and would like to know anyone who has tried it.
    Maybe you have seen the social media page Dexter's Bucket List, he has mentioned it as a palliative care for hemangiosarcoma.
    Anyway I'd love to hear about any natural treatments that have helped your baby as I venture into this territory.
    Kato had a couple of MCT's removed about 2 yrs ago but they were tiny tiny, grade 1 and completely removed with good margins, this time it's not so pretty. We will be doing everything we can for him though, he's our baby!

2. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

I used turmeric paste (made with turmeric powder and distilled water) on Cami's tumors. Wasn't helpful at all.