tell me...WHY!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablows mum

Boxer Buddy
ok so i need peoples opinions...... my little guy diablow gets constant questioning on his purity lol meaning people keep asking me what he is crossed with.. more people have straight out assumed he is an american bulldog?!?! what the!!
i know for fact he is pure...i know both the bitch and dog that bred him......?

so what i need an opinion on....does he look like a normal young boxer to you??

Cami

Boxer Insane
It is perhaps the amount of white on his mask. Traditionally Boxers have far more black on their masks than your guy does but he looks like a Boxer to me!

Roge

Boxer Insane
Yep lookes all Boxer to me infact his markings a quite like Roges , he is a beauty and as he gets older Id say his lips will get more floppy and will be a fab squishy faced slobber chops.

SnowDove

Super Boxer
He definitely looks Boxer!!! I see what "Cami" is saying, though - most people aren't used to seeing the "check" colored boxers; most people see that coloring more often in Am Bulldogs and so they just assume.

I never get how people confuse boxers with pits/ambulls, because the eye shape and set looks SO different!

I get people asking about Daisy all the time, assuming she's part pitbull because they aren't used to seeing a Boxer that isn't fawn! dohicon

samsons

Boxer Insane
I dont get it so much w/ sam , as he is 'classic" flashy fawn. BUT one off my fosters was a stunning brindle , pup, tall skinny and jummpy ( she was 9 mo ) and EVERYONE in my neighbor hood would stop me when walking ( ok - training leash manners - they where walking , WE where standing ! lol ) and as me when i started w/ pitts ??? WT ????

have these ppl ever SEEN a pit , or a pit mix , or a ampitt, or any of the pups ppl call pits ( i really dont think there is even a standerd anymore , if there ever was ) ????

HELLO !! short , square , TAIL ~~ you stand my sis pittys next to my boxers , and they look NOTHING alike !

this is America at its ignorant finest. let ppl cross the st when i am walking my dog ( or dogs ) leaves more room on the side walk for us !!

Gilbert

Super Boxer
I feel your pain

Your pup looks all boxer to me...
The thing i hate more then having my boy confused for a pit is when people think i got riped off cause "white boxers dont exist". After asking me what kind of dog i have some people will come out saying "boxers dont come in white" "i think he's mixed" "never heard of white boxers"

SnowDove

Super Boxer
this is America at its ignorant finest. let ppl cross the st when i am walking my dog ( or dogs ) leaves more room on the side walk for us !!

Haha -sad but true! I was watching an "ugliest dog contest" on Animal Planet the other day, and they were showing a dog they labeled as a "boxer mix". I looked at the dog for a moment and said to my mom, "That looks just like a Dogue de Bordeaux!" ("Hooch" from the movie "Turner & Hooch") I looked up online about this dog, and I saw MANY posts from people overseas talking about ignorant Americans confusing a DdB for a Boxer mix... dohicon

Gilbert - I've never heard of that, but I intend to get a white boxer in the future... so I'll eventually empathize! On a side note, you should post new pics of Achilles - I am so smitten with him! :)

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane
Is your boy mostly white? If so that may be the reason. I've come across a lot of people that do not know Boxers can be white so they think my boy is either a pitbull or an American Bulldog and then are surprised when I say he's a Boxer. I wouldn't get upset with them (unless they're being rude about it), just take it as an opportunity to educate them that Boxers can indeed be white.

sriley

Completely Boxer Crazy
Yep, I have to agree with the others. He looks all boxer to me and a beauty at that. lovicon

My Chief is all white and despite being 100% boxer, I've had people ask me if he is an American bulldog. I think it has more to do with the rarity of white boxers. I can't tell you how many people stop to admire my dogs and say, "I've never seen a white boxer before." When Chief gets wet, his pigment marks really show through his white fur and I've had people question me as to whether he's a boxer-dalmatian cross. I, like others have mentioned, use these encounters as an opportunity to educate people about the breed. When I still had Buddy who was also 100% boxer, people constantly questioned me as to whether he was a pitbull because of his brindle markings. Depending on who was inquiring, sometimes I just played along! Some people just don't know their dog breeds. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.