1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange bump

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by Independence, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Independence

Independence Boxer Insane

Tank has a strange bump on his chest. We've been to the vet twice to get a needle biopsy. Both times it has squirted a lot of blood. Vet says she's not seen anything like it. Can't get a good slide because of the blood. She wants to remove it.

Anyone experience anything like this?

2. xJazerx

xJazerx Super Boxer

Dante had a good number of bumps, but when aspirated none had been bloody. You can never be too careful with bumps on a boxer. I would get it removed, from there you can have what she finds beneath the blood, properly biopsied. You might show a photo that could help members maybe direct you in possible causes, but you just never know, especially with bumps. Better to be safe than sorry. I just lost my boy to a suspected brain tumor last week. While many bumps can be harmless, you can't take them lightly either.

3. bxrbgood

bxrbgood Boxer Insane

I don't like those needle biopsies or aspirations. Fear of spreading cancer cells comes to mind. Does it move with the skin or seem attached to muscle tissue? Either way since you describe the bleeding, I would have that taken off in a jiffy.
    I hope It turns out to be nothing.

4. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

Hmmm that is a tough one. I say get it removed to be on the safe side. I hope is nothing.

5. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I would have it removed. Better safe than sorry. :)

6. Independence

We are going to have it removed, I was just wondering if anyone had experienced anything like it before. It's a hard bump doesn't float around. It's about the size of a half of a small grape. Hoping with his age it's just a "bump". I'll let you know what the doc says after it's removed.

7. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Arabella's first MCT had a lot of blood the first aspiration. I hope that is not what you are dealing with, but always with boxers, better safe than sorry.

8. Caney Creek

Caney Creek Boxer Insane

Caney has had lots of hemangiomas for years, some of them bleed from time to time. After getting one of them removed and biopsied its when we got the diagnosis of hemangiosarcoma. sadicon I hope that's not the case for Tank. Keep us updated.

9. Independence

Had the bump removed last Friday. Still waiting on the results. Tank's incision started oozing light pink fluid on Wednesday so we went back to the vet. Nothing to concerning. On Thursday half his incision opened up so another trip back to the vet. this time more stitches and about 15 staples. Vet says I'll be back soon. She doesn't think that it's going to hold long enough to heal. Keep a positive thought for him. You all know how hard it is to keep a 2yo boxer quiet......

10. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Oh no !!!thats a tough one , here's hoping that he behaves himself.
    Sending healing <<< vibes >>> your way ..