1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow in England!!

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by sarah_bailey, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarah_bailey

sarah_bailey Super Boxer

Hi,

I've not been on here for a while, but just had to share my excitement when I saw snow yesterday morning!

We hardly ever get snow here - so to have the most we have had in 18 years was quite a shock!!

The country has ground to a halt though - no transport or schools. I attempted the drive to work but had to turn back as my car got stuck on the hill out of my village....

It has meant days away from the office though, and the dogs have loved it! I have added some photo's in my gallery - they certainly have had fun over the past couple of days :)

2. WAT

WAT Boxer Insane

Looks like they had a blast - what was their first reaction when they stepped out into the snow?

3. Box Boys

Box Boys Boxer Insane

That is so exciting that you got snow after 18 years!!! You must be thrilled...as well as your dogs.

We've had quite a bit of snow here lately and it's snowing again! Last week, the kids were called off of school for 4 days straight when we had about 4-5 inches of snow then about 1.5 inches of ice topped with another 6-8 inches of snow again! It was crazy! Heard we have another 3 inches or so expected today/tonight. That doens't seem like much at all compared to last week's storms.

4. bucca

bucca Boxer Insane

loved your pics :) that is so exciting to have the snow after all those years, how did the dogs react when first stepping out in it?

5. SweetCody

SweetCody Boxer Insane

They look like they had a wonderful time. We don't get much snow where I am. Last year we got about 2-3 inches in January and Cody decided that he hated the snow. Yesterday we got about 2 inches and Aniah loves the snow, and Cody decided that maybe it wasn't as bad as he thought.

6. Emily_7538

Emily_7538 Boxer Insane

They definetly look like they had fun! We have about 5 inches right now and Sadie absolutely loves it! She'll play in it for as long as I'll let her.
    Where we live, the roads are bad anyways, but when it snows, the schools are usually out for a week at a time. They were out for 2 weeks, went 4 days, then off again for the rest of this week. Its crazy.

7. BoxerMom999

BoxerMom999 Boxer Insane

We are having a warm spell right now - it is raining. But previously we have had so much snow that there is nowhere to put it - I have been considering bringing it into the house and melting it! LOL

Any time that you want more we'll try to send it over to England. Maggie loves it but I am so very tired of shoveling it and climbing over mounds of it just to go for a walk.

8. kathysboxer

kathysboxer Boxer Insane

Your babies looked like they were having a blast!! Hard to believe after 18 years! We got about 10" between the last of Jan. and the beginning of Feb. But it has warmed up, so it's almost all gone. Last night, high winds, rain, electric went out. Hope your babies have more snow coming to keep them busy. But not too much :D

9. sarah_bailey

sarah_bailey Super Boxer

They looked really confused when they first stepped out in it... like they wondered why thier paws were so cold!

Before long though they soon realised it was the best thing ever :)

Bailey kept sticking his face into it and snuffling around! And Tink just wanted to run around!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.