Shirts and jackets that fit a boxer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayandsarah

Completely Boxer Crazy
I found some cute jackets at Land's End. They fit my boys perfect. You can also have their names put on them. I'm in the process of making them a fleece for inside the house. Hopefully I can finish them before winter is over!

BostonGeorge

Super Boxer
Great information everyone!!! I just had no idea why style would fit him best and its so hard to tell! Now the next hurdle I have is getting him to actually wear it!

Thanks to everyone.

I keep my apartment at about 68 at night....and Boston sleeps under a window. Do you think a fleece would be enough? Also, it doesn't get too cold here for too long. Do you think I should put a fleece/jacket on him when we go out? Right now during the day its only in the 60's-70s...but when it does get cold when do u normally start dressing the pups up? He's played in the snow before (we had a freak snow day last year and the year before) . He loveddddddddd it and didn't want to come inside. I was worried about him getting too cold because he didn't have a jacket or booties haha. I think its freezing when its in the 40's hahah so any advice for the B man would be awesome!

johann

Boxer Insane
68 at night? Johann would be in heaven. :LOL: We keep our house at 65 during the day and 60 at night...oil is expensive!

The fleece would be warm enough for Boston, Johann wore a thin t-shirt last winter at night to keep warm.

As far as dressing up to go outside- Johann's jacket goes on when it's around 35 degrees and not raining. Or 45 degrees if it is rainy and damp. We've never done booties and it gets cold here (limit our walks to short ones if it's below 10 degrees F).

BostonGeorge

Super Boxer
hahah 68 at night is with the air on!!! otherwise it'd be warmer!! But I also have an over head fan on high and a box fan next to my bed :0)

whiskers

Boxer Insane
I only put the clothing on if we're going to be outside a while.... like at the dog park, or for a walk. She goes out naked for potty breaks or if we're playing in the yard for a little bit. She gets booties at the dog park, and on walks depending on how icy/slushy the roads are.... but only because her paws bleed after being in the snow for a while. Otherwise I don't think they're necessary, her booties are thin and wouldn't keep her paws warm, but they prevent any irritation.

I've just started having her wear her fleece on walks, and it's been in the 30s/40s. Basically, if I'm bundling up and wearing a winter jacket and a hat/gloves, then I assume that Juno would probably be more comfortable in a jacket. Especially when it's windy/rainy/snowy. :)

dodgeandmar

Boxer Booster
Old Navy's dog clothes are AWESOME for dogs with deep chests. My 65 pound girl wears a large and my 90 pound boy an XL. Target's doggy pajamas in XL also fit my boy very well. PetHoliday sold at Petsmart during the holidays also fits mine.

You could also check out Dr.s Foster and Smith. They have a lot of jackets and pajamas and such that my friends swear by.

As far as when to wear it, I'm afraid I'm no help. Mine LOVE to wear clothes. They get mad when you take off whatever they're wearing, so I let them wear t-shirts whenever. They do have jackets that go on if we are walking and it's below 40.

Forlorn

Boxer Booster
I've been thinking a lot about this too. It'll be Farah's first winter and I don't want her to be cold. She seems OK thus far. When we got snow, she thought it'd be fun to boxer burn all over the yard for five minutes straight but as for longer periods in the cold like walks I think a coat would be nice. I'm just worried that I'll buy one and she'll out grow it in a month or two. Those things aren't exactly cheap!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.