1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sensitive stomach and allergies

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by harleyboxer, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harleyboxer

harleyboxer Super Boxer

My dog is going on Z/D Ultra next if his current food doesn't work for him. You might want to try Eukanuba Response FP, or KO. Harley was on the FP which is fish and potato before we realized that he is allergic to fish. He loved it (he was constantly sniffing the bag) and he had no trouble digesting it, which is his biggest problem. We were going to try KO next which is Kangaroo and Oat, but they have fish oil in it. This is probably a better quality food and your vet should be happy with it. My dog actually has never had any problems digesting any Eukanuba products, unfortunately they put fish in everything for the Omega 6's.

2. firedog

firedog Boxer Booster

Trust me I don't like medicating her. Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to do more research before putting her on Z/D. But when it comes down to it that may be the only thing that might work for my sweet girl:)
    Thanks again
    Rachel

3. FarleyBoxer

FarleyBoxer BANNED

If you can find the source of the dog's problem and eliminate it, there will be no itching and you don't have to medicate your dog for the rest of its life. If your child was having a reaction to something you wouldn't just keep giving him/her medicine, you'd take him/her for an allergy test and find out what the problem was. Unfortunately, I think too many dog owners just go on the advice of vets (who know little about nutrition and are lobbied by the pet food companies and SELL those foods) and just switch a dog to an "allergy" food without ever trying to actually solve the underlying issues.

Neither Eukanuba nor Science Diet are quality products (in any of their forms), and doing a search in the feeding forum will turn up loads of info about much better foods, even for special needs pups.

4. Tango's Mama

Tango's Mama Super Boxer

Rachel..Ive had the same problems as you and i did go with the wellness simple solutions in venison and its working great. My vet is amazed at the difference in Tango. I had tried wellness fish and potato and the vet had also tried to get him on Science diet , but this has solved his troubles! Its worth a try..Good luck!

Michele & Tango

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.