Problems Accessing Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankied

Boxer Insane
I keep getting errors when I try to get on the site here. When I click on a subscription link it says:

Hello, You have no authorization to access this page, you will be redirected to the forums in 5 seconds.
Your browser is Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Your IP is _ _ _ _ _ _ _
The url you requested is/forums/

then it never redirects me? And I have to try ten more time before I can get here. Any idea of why it is doing this to me? It also happens when I try to go to the BW front page

Boxerworld

BW owner
Staff member
I believe it is the first time I have this problem reported. The forbidden message happens when someone tries to reach protected page where a password is needed, but the frontpage isn't of course or we wouldn't get all the users.

frankied

Boxer Insane
When I recieved notifcation that you responded to the thread I clicked the link and again it happened (same message) and I tried exactly 8 times and finally it let me access it. I have tried two different browsers :Netscape and Internet Explorer. Do you know if there is anything I can do to fix it from my end? Truly bizzarre :confused:

tesster

Boxer Insane
Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? It might not help since you've tried it with 3 different browers, but it's worth a shot. Hope it helps! Julie

frankied

Boxer Insane
Removing the cookies from IE has worked but Netscape is not being as friendly. I think I will uninstall it as I hardly use it anyway. It used to be faster than Internet Explorer but not anymore!

Thanks!

tesster

Boxer Insane
Glad that worked! :) It's always a good thing to try first when you have an issue like this. You might consider running some spyware scan on your computer if your browers have gotten unexplainably slow lately. A decent free one is called Adaware made by Lavasoft. It's never a bad thing to do either.

Good luck,
Julie

frankied

Boxer Insane
Spoke too soon! I am having the problem again. I have both adaware and Spybot btw :) My internet service provider can't figure it out either. They say there is an IP address issue as from what they can tell the server is not accepting it. I will just have to keep on trying to figure it out. Took me 20 times before I could get on :(

Status
Not open for further replies.