Pressure Cooking a whole chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoFlo

Boxer Pal
I just got my very first pressure cooker!!!! I am wanting to cook a whole chicken, bones and all, but I am unsure of the amount of water I need to put in to cook it?

I am new to home cooking as I have a yorkie who is sensitive to dog food and I am now going to home cook for her. Any recipes or ideas with whole chicken, salmon/sardines, lamb, or anything else, I would greatly appreciate. I am slowly introducing her to new veggies/fruit as she is very picky, so far she will eat carrots, and broccoli if i blend it in a food processor. I am going to introduce kale, yellow squash, blueberries, this week. She also likes sweet potato.

What do you recommend as supplements if any? As I have been reading that as long as there is variety and the meat (chicken and fish) has bones cooked to mush, there is no need to supplement?

Thanks,
Heather and Zoe

bayleighmom

Boxer Insane
Check out the homecooking forum for recipes! If you are only cooking one chicken, you won't need a lot of water. I usually cook 20 pounds of chicken + veggies in mine all at once and only add 2 quarts of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.